If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
That article I referenced in the class thread indicates he's looking more for the right fit with a coach than brand name. So I would have to think that he is giving us any attention has to be a great sign. He's a Top 25 overall player in his class by several services.
By TDDance234
I thought this was a telling quote that speaks to the comments above:

“We spend a great deal of time together,” Kassab said. “One of the things I asked him was, ‘What’s important to you in this recruiting process?’ And he looked at me and said, ‘Coach, the most important part for me is I want to develop a relationship with who I’m going to play for.’ A lot of kids today, I get an offer from Kentucky or Duke, I’m going. He’s very genuine in saying, ‘I want to know the person I’m playing for as a person, not just as a basketball coach.’ ”
Read the rest of the article HERE.
By LU 57
TDDance234 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:27 pm I thought this was a telling quote that speaks to the comments above:

“We spend a great deal of time together,” Kassab said. “One of the things I asked him was, ‘What’s important to you in this recruiting process?’ And he looked at me and said, ‘Coach, the most important part for me is I want to develop a relationship with who I’m going to play for.’ A lot of kids today, I get an offer from Kentucky or Duke, I’m going. He’s very genuine in saying, ‘I want to know the person I’m playing for as a person, not just as a basketball coach.’ ”
I heard Tony Bennett was in to see him this week.
By oldflame
LU 57 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:50 pm
TDDance234 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:27 pm I thought this was a telling quote that speaks to the comments above:

I heard Tony Bennett was in to see him this week.
It's no secret Ritchie and Tony have no desire to go head to head on the basketball court for the foreseeable future, but recruiting is another matter. They really don't have much choice. Efton already has a ton of options, with more to come, but I would not be surprised if his choice came down to those 2 coaches.
By oldflame
Efton on an unofficial visit to UVA. Tony brings out the big guns to greet him. Tough to compete with this. This pic also dispels any doubt that the kid is a legit 7' foot MINIMUM.

Interesting perspective, last i checked gill and […]

Hampton postmortem

Where is this Wing Cart thing you talk about[…]

The ongoing Jerry Falwell Jr thread

If I looked like that at 56 I’d take my shir[…]

Hoping Frith gets to play this game and starts to […]