If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.
By oldflame
Well, we know so far that we are opening with Radford at the Vines, and should also have a return game with Navy at home. Then there is this:

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 6&teamID=6

Bahamas Showcase in Nassau, beginning Nov.22 against Morgan State. Other teams are Rice, Milwaukee, UMKC, George Washington, Evansville and E Carolina. Looks like a winnable tournament to me.

It will be interesting to see what kind of a team UMKC's new coach can cobble together after having an all-time record 11 players enter the transfer portal. Apparently 1 of them has since announced he is staying and a few others are considering it, so it may not be quite as bad as it sounds, but still............... :shock:
By thepostman
the non-conference schedule is shaping up to be a pretty well rounded schedule. Forget football season, lets bring on basketball season!
By ALAFlamesFan
I like the tourney early in the season. Would have liked the chance to play a top 100 team there. LSU will be tough. Would like to see a couple more high major names. They don't have to be top 25 but it was nice to see the Vandy, Georgetown, Alabama, and UCLA names on the schedule last year... Gave us some name recognition nationally in season.

However, it is nice not to see there are no sub D-1's on the schedule yet.
By oldflame
ALAFlamesFan wrote:I like the tourney early in the season. Would have liked the chance to play a top 100 team there. LSU will be tough. Would like to see a couple more high major names. They don't have to be top 25 but it was nice to see the Vandy, Georgetown, Alabama, and UCLA names on the schedule last year... Gave us some name recognition nationally in season.

However, it is nice not to see there are no sub D-1's on the schedule yet.
There will almost certainly be a couple of non D-1 teams on the schedule as always, and I have zero problem with it. It serves a purpose from a coaching perspective. Virtually every low/mid major team does it, and even the high major teams accomplish the same thing by scheduling MEAC or BSC teams. You could put most of the ASUN in that category as well.
By Purple Haize
Nice tournament. Nicer resort
July 1st?

Are you doing a brief trial period for folks. Ive[…]

Its actually fairly common. I know of 2 growing c[…]

Mike houston and uncc have dropped a post commitme[…]

Prayer for Job Change

You’re at JF? I’ll definitely pray f[…]