If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.
By Sly Fox
#569676 Image
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw, Georgia

KSU Hoops Official Site

KSU Convocation Center
Opened in 2005 - Seats 4600

Al Skinner
4th Season as KSU Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results

NOV 07 - OGLETHORPE .................................... W, 68-57
    NOV 09 - @ KANSAS STATE ............................... L, 41-56
    NOV 12 - @ SAMFORD ...................................... L, 60-74

U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS PARADISE JAM
    NOV 16 - vs. MISSOURI .................................... L, 52-55
    NOV 17 - vs. OLD DOMINION ............................ L, 47-65
    NOV 19 - vs. EASTERN KENTUCKY .................... L, 81-100

NOV 24 - BELMONT .......................................... L, 53-91
    NOV 27 - @ GEORGIA ....................................... L, 51-84
    DEC 01 - HOFSTRA ........................................... L, 52-78
    DEC 13 - @ GARDNER-WEBB ............................ L, 77-81 OT
    DEC 15 - TENNESSEE TECH ............................. W, 73-68
    DEC 18 - ELON ................................................. L, 67-76
    DEC 20 - SOUTHEASTERN .............................. W, 90-72
    DEC 28 - @ GEORGIA TECH ............................. L, 57-87
    JAN 02 - @ YALE .............................................. L, 65-92
    JAN 05 - @ NJIT* ............................................. L, 52-72
    JAN 09 - JACKSONVILLE* ................................ L, 70-90
    JAN 16 - LIBERTY* .......................................... 7:00 PM
    JAN 19 - FGCU*
    JAN 21 - @ LIPSCOMB*
    JAN 24 - @ NORTH ALABAMA*
    JAN 30 - NORTH FLORIDA*
    FEB 02 - @ STETSON*
    FEB 06 - @ JACKSONVILLE*
    FEB 09 - NJIT*
    FEB 13 - @ NORTH FLORIDA*
    FEB 16 - LIPSCOMB*
    FEB 20 - NORTH ALABAMA*
    FEB 23 - @ FGCU*
    FEB 26 - @ LIBERTY*
    MAR 01 - STETSON *

ASUN CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT
    MAR 04 - QUARTERFINALS
    MAR 07 - SEMIFINALS
    MAR 10 - FINALS

Key Players

#4 Tyler Hooker
    6' 0" 150 lbs Junior Guard
    Thru 17 Games: Averaging 19.1 Pts, 4.4 Rebs & 2.9 Assists + 28-of-83 (33.7%) on 3-Pt Attempts

#33 Kosta Jankovic
    6' 8" 210 lbs Senior Forward (Serbian Native)
    Thru 17 Games: Averaging 9.8 Pts, 5.2 Rebs & 2.0 Assists + 17-of-47 (36.2%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Cider Jim
#569719 Ballcoach if click on thee KSU Convocation Center link (below the picture), it will take show you many different angles of the seating.
By oldflame
OneHope wrote:I see Liberty pushed past Lipscomb in the ASUN rankings! Congratulations! Not to bad for first a first year team!

Not bad at all 8) . Speaking of first year teams; the other one in the ASUN, Northern Alabama (also a newcomer to D1) is the surprise of the year so far with a 2-1 conference record and wins over once-mighty FGCU and not-as-good-as-their-record NJIT.
By rogers3
oldflame wrote:Actually, this looks to be a similar size and configuration to what we are building.

Yeah, and it isn't impressive. Hopefully we'll be drawing more numbers as time goes by.
By flamesfilmguy
#569740 Its Definitely bigger than it looks in the pic. However they don't open that section up unless its a big game. They have, Shall we say, had a difficult time getting traction in their basketball program because of a multitude of misques by the admin and a revolving door at coach and APR issues. I'll hopefully make it to this game this week. since it is 5 min from my house.
By Lion1983
oldflame wrote:
OneHope wrote:I see Liberty pushed past Lipscomb in the ASUN rankings! Congratulations! Not to bad for first a first year team!

Not bad at all 8) . Speaking of first year teams; the other one in the ASUN, Northern Alabama (also a newcomer to D1) is the surprise of the year so far with a 2-1 conference record and wins over once-mighty FGCU and not-as-good-as-their-record NJIT.

North, just North...
By Lion1983
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Lion1983 glad to see you here on ASOR. Not sure if you have posted here before, but just in case... :welcome

Yes I have, thanks for the welcome.

Liberty has quickly become my other school I root for.
By jbock13
#570025 Glad to see Parliament Funkadelic there.

Whoooo’s ball? Owls ball!
By LU 57
#570027 Pretty funny to hear the broadcast crew talking about McKracken. I think the play-by-play guy’s comment was, “THAT guy is drawing the ire of everyone in the arena” as the camera panned on him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by LU 57 on January 16th, 2019, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LU 57
cruzan_flame13 wrote:It’s half time, but the team in blue is not the LU I know. Hopefully they will improve in the second half.

Pretty brutal. Ritchie did not pull any punches in end of half interview. Hopefully, they come out strong in the second half.
By ballah09
#570031 Well it has to be drawing the ire of the team as they have him setting right behind the bench.

As for the game, worst performance all year. They're standing around, over dribbling/penetrating and poor positioning on defense. Hopefully we see them show up in the second half or we might see them do what our WBB team did last night and pull off the upset.
By flamesfilmguy
#570033 Don’t worry guys order has been restored. We are playing much better but McRacken has gotten worse. First time being in an arena where i can hear him. He’s brutal. I’m sorry I get while people dislike his gimmick. Scar made an appearance. Other than the handful of Liberty fans here this place is pretty dead.
By prototype
#570034 37 points? 13 in second half. That has to be a record? I would say we took them lightly and coach kicked them in the burg at half.
By prototype
prototype wrote:37 points? 13 in second half. That has to be a record? I would say we took them lightly and coach kicked them in the burg at half.

Ok. ESPN app had score wrong. 42 still not bad;)
By jinxy
#570043 It looked like 150 to 200 on stream but hard to tell. The announcers said a large liberty contingent came because it was atlanta. Not sure but i bet there were maybe 10 that traveled from the burg to watch Luvull kAbull and the squad :roll: Good thing we were playing a dreadful team or we could have taken an L tonight.

So weve now beaten the bottom 4 up pretty good. Competition will pick up but mostly at home the next 5. Lipscomb took njit to the woodshed.
By SumItUp
#570047 Lovell has had his name butchered by opposing broadcasters his entire LU career. This year has been the worst. It was the first time that I have heard kuh-bull.
By Cider Jim
#570054 I'm so glad that the pack-line travels. Play Basketball

Kennesaw State was held to 24% field goal shooting.
By thepostman
#570055 I think it was Nick Pierce on Twitter talked about this game being a great example as to why the pack line is so important. Our offense sucked in the first half but the pack line kept us in it until our offense caught fire in the 2nd. It also tries the opposition out.

Great win...

Side note, I'll help fund mccracken it he stop shrieking
By thepostman
#570062 but certain kinds of defenses are much more effective if done correctly and I would argue that the packline defense is one of the most effective.
By JK37
#570064 Ok.

A lot of defense depends on the quality of execution, effort, reaction, and communication. I’m just saying everybdefense can look really good, really bad, or somewhere in between.
By bigsmooth
#570068 Nick Pierce was so right in his tweet. I am so impressed with Coach McKay and staff on how this team continues to improve and make a name for themselves.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:Side note, I'll help fund mccracken it he stop shrieking

I've got a tank of gas for him right now if he promises to stop the shrieking.

No joke.

I'll Venmo it to him the second he says he's done.
By CCWMichael
JK37 wrote:Ok.

A lot of defense depends on the quality of execution, effort, reaction, and communication. I’m just saying everybdefense can look really good, really bad, or somewhere in between.

Yes game to game can vary for many reasons. I was a big fan of Cheney (SP) at Temple but their D was solid everyone mano a mano. If I am correct the pack line essentially tries to make the paint a no fly zone with pressure on the ball primarily. I like the pack line and it appears we have the skill required to make it work. If I resided in the Burg I guarantee I would love to watch this D live. Point is ... I think this type of D is set up to look really good a majority of the time.
By thepostman
JK37 wrote:Ok.

I'm not arguing that.

I just believe the pack line is, by design, more effective than other defensive strategies when executed correctly.
By Houston05
#570138 I am willing to give some details on what makes the pack great.. but the enemy is watching so gotta be in the DM's haha. But simply put its the commitment level to the details. If there is a 2 hour practice 1 hour 45 minutes is on defensive breakdowns, small details like closeout form. This is why the offense has gotten so much better is because now guys are in the defense for a couple years and you have the ability spend more time in practice on offense instead of reteaching the D.