If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.
By oldflame
#553850
ballah09 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Welcome to the board, Lion1983. Glad to see you were able to get registered. We will be learning quite a bit about a bunch of schools at once just like you all. It certainly adds some spice to the upcoming season.


speaking of which. Shouldn't we update the Big South boards over to the ASun in the non sports section?


The links to the BSC boards could have been taken down years ago and nobody would have noticed. Some of them have shut down, and the rest are dying a slow painful death. I don´t know if the situation with ASUN fan boards is any better.
By Lion1983
#553874
oldflame wrote:
ballah09 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Welcome to the board, Lion1983. Glad to see you were able to get registered. We will be learning quite a bit about a bunch of schools at once just like you all. It certainly adds some spice to the upcoming season.


speaking of which. Shouldn't we update the Big South boards over to the ASun in the non sports section?


The links to the BSC boards could have been taken down years ago and nobody would have noticed. Some of them have shut down, and the rest are dying a slow painful death. I don´t know if the situation with ASUN fan boards is any better.


UNApride.proboards.com

If anyone is interested
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#553908 We need her for the girls' team!
User avatar
By Sly Fox
#553915 She used up her eligibility at Rice several years ago. But that was classic big sis keeping lil bro in line.
By oldflame
#554423 Smitty back on campus to talk to the team.

https://twitter.com/LibertyMBB/status/1 ... 6088454145

If anyone knows where you can get one of those T-shirts he has on, please post it here. If they are not marketing those to Liberty alumni, they are really missing a great opportunity.
User avatar
By Sly Fox
#554424 Texan in the house! And I might add the best dunker I can ever recall wearing LU gear.

Count me in for one of those as well, Oldflame.

Image
By oldflame
#554432 Don´t be surprised if the little guy with him in those pics is the next great Liberty dunker.

As far as the best ever, Smitty is on the short list, but IMHO that honor goes to someone who played in the no dunk era and never got to dunk in a college game.
By thepostman
#554436
Jonathan Carone wrote:Anthony > Larry


I know I am very pro Larry but...

I actually agree with this and think he was never used the right way. If he was I think he could of gone down as the best to ever wear an LU uniform.
User avatar
By BJWilliams
#554763 We could see a few Sportscenter worthy dunks from him with that kind of vertical
By bigsmooth
#554766
Sly Fox wrote:Texan in the house! And I might add the best dunker I can ever recall wearing LU gear.

Count me in for one of those as well, Oldflame.

Image


I want one of those shirts and will pay top dollar.
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
#556113
oldflame wrote:Freshman walk-on Tytist Dean, a 6´0¨ 180 lb G from St Paul MN, has been added to the roster.


Any way we can get some information like some old video on this player?
By oldflame
#556345
bigsmooth wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Texan in the house! And I might add the best dunker I can ever recall wearing LU gear.

Count me in for one of those as well, Oldflame.

Image


I want one of those shirts and will pay top dollar.


The shirts were apparently a promotion Nike did with the schools they sponsor (including Liberty) back in 2016.
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai ... eppin.aspx

My guess is Ritchie has a few stashed away and gave one to Smitty. Probably NFS at any price, but who knows. There are similar shirts for sale on Amazon for some schools (and for Jesus) but not Liberty. Universal Ts should be all over this.
By oldflame
#558273 Video posted by Henry Barrera of team working out running up snowflex hill.

https://twitter.com/hoopdiaries/status/ ... 1024192513

Correct me if I´m wrong, but isn´t that Brendan Newton leading the charge? Unless this was some kind of a staggered start, that´s impressive to say the least.
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
#558276
oldflame wrote:Video posted by Henry Barrera of team working out running up snowflex hill.

https://twitter.com/hoopdiaries/status/ ... 1024192513

Correct me if I´m wrong, but isn´t that Brendan Newton leading the charge? Unless this was some kind of a staggered start, that´s impressive to say the least.


It looks like they were lined up that way, putting Newton in the front. The fact that he remained in the front and was pushing up the hill is still impressive to watch.
By oldflame
#559312
thepostman wrote:Super excited about this season. It could be a special one.


100% agree. Based on talent and experience, this should be our best team under McKay. The OOC schedule is tough, and I think that shows that Ritchie is confident that the guys are ready to step it up a notch. ASUN is no piece of cake, but frankly, there is nobody there I think can beat us 3 times like Radford did last year.
By thepostman
#559320 I completely forgot about the Georgetown game. Looks like I'll be able to swing 2 games this year. Georgetown and Navy.
By jinxy
#560373 Scrimmaging queens on 21st and vt on nov 4 i believe.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#560374 Open or closed scrimmage?
By jinxy
#560425 Not sure. Assuming closed. I saw it on jeff goodmans tweet.