If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Shiloh Robinson
6' 7" 205 lbs Forward
Kearney (NE) HS
AAU: Powerhouse Nebraska

Verbal Commits Profile

Hudl Profile

No Twitter

Holds Offers from (As of 9/23/18):
  • Fairfield
    Lehigh
    Radford
    Rice
    San Francisco (Official Visit 9/15/18)
    South Dakota

NebHSRecruiting.com wrote:Recruiting report: Recovered from injury, Kearney's Shiloh Robinson grabs college attention

By Mike Sautter / World-Herald staff writer
Jul 10, 2018

Shiloh Robinson received his first scholarship offer from Division II UNK over a year ago. His second came Sunday from NAIA II Doane University, which offered him a full scholarship, rare for that level.

Robinson returned to the basketball court at full strength this spring after missing the entire high school season with a broken wrist he suffered in June 2017.

The 6-foot-6.5 inch, 205-pound forward has made an impact for his AAU team, Powerhouse Nebraska.

"I've been focusing a lot on shooting and being able to knock down a consistent 3-point shot," Robinson said. "Also my ball-handling is something that I'm working on so I can get a rebound and make good decisions in transition."​
Click Here for Full Story

NebHSRecruiting.com wrote:Kearney center Shiloh Robinson feels ‘100 percent’ again, eager to get back on the court

By Gene Schinzel / World-Herald staff writer
Aug 1, 2018

Kearney center Shiloh Robinson attended the NebHSRecruiting Top 50 Showcase last summer, though he knew he’d be on the sideline.

Last June, Robinson broke the scaphoid bone in his left wrist when he tried to brace himself landing after a dunk. At the time, Robinson said he was glad that if an injury had to occur, it happened in the summer.

As it turned out, the 6-foot-7 Robinson didn’t get to play during the high school season, either. A second surgery was required on the wrist and Kearney played the 2017-18 season without him.

But Wednesday, during this year’s event, Robinson showed that he has fully recovered.

NebHSRecruiting.com wrote:Kearney forward Shiloh Robinson set for his first official visit this weekend

By Josh Krause / World-Herald correspondent
Sep 14, 2018

September is a busy month for college basketball prospects with the dead period over and coaches hitting the road. Kearney senior Shiloh Robinson is one of those prospects that has been visited by coaches.

The 6-foot-7, 212-pound forward hosted San Francisco for an in-home visit Sept. 9. Robinson had another in-home visit with Idaho on Thursday, Sept. 13.

He will take one of his five allotted official visits to San Francisco this weekend.
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:Another nice piece. Really like the type kids and type players they are bringing in. Glad one program can recruit at football games. Football sure cant seem to.

We know why and I'm hoping McCaw take action soon.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hoping ballcoach makes a comment about LU beating out RADFORD for a top prospect. :clapping
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Steady progression each class to me. We went from under recruited under sized kids to the size and skill level we want at each position the last 4 years. Love these type kids and rode who want to be here and can do multiple things well and play multiple positions at their height.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It's Fall Softball Season. This is first time I have looked at hoops board in a long time.

I can't see any recruit picking Radford over Liberty, (in any sport).
Take the blinders off. Yes, a lot of recruits are impressed by our nice facilities, and some (like Shiloh) love the Christian atmosphere as well. a LOT of others have very different priorities, and are looking for:

1. The best chance for playing time.
2. The most frequent and wildest parties.
3. The loosest women.

It´s not necessarily in that order either, and Radford consistantly ranks highly on numbers 2 and 3.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Nice article on Shiloh from the local fishwrap in Kearney, NE.

https://www.kearneyhub.com/sports/local ... user-share

The most interesting factiod buried in the article was this: "Although he might redshirt his freshman season, Robinson believes he can make an impact at the Division I level."
Source on that almost had to be Shiloh himself, and I expect that is what will happen. He projects to play mainly in the post, and with Scottie, Myo, Newton and Blake Preston, his chances for minutes next year would probably be limited unless he absolutely wows everyone when he arrives this Summer. Give him a year to develop and with Scottie and Myo gone in 2020, I think he can make an impact.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]