If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stoppinby
Registration Days Posts
no kidding , ur at LU and Uconn
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I'm trying to figure out how this is supposed to be funny. I guess you're making fun of people who stupid on the internet. But I'm not following as to where the humor part comes in.
By stoppinby
Registration Days Posts
What?? dont understand ur question. Please have someone proof read you messages for gramatical errors. Please revise before resubmitting
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
LUCONN ---

That's why Lu gets a bad rap with the other fans in the league, puttin up pictures like that makes the name "FLAMER" have even more meaning... did you not watch the news this morning and see the head of the evangelicals is flamer and resigned because of his affair with a male 'pro'---
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Dude, those are Keydets. That's why I asked if they were buddies of yours. Maybe you should worry about your own bois instead of preachers in Colorado.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Wow, this account is a lot different from what you guys were saying. Looks like Baker had 12 and 12 and Smitty had 17.

Brewington and Blair Shine In Blue/White Scrimmage

November 2, 2006
Lynchburg, Va.
» Box Score

It took two overtimes but the Liberty White squad defeated the Liberty Blue squad 82-80 at the Vines Center on Thursday night.

A layup by Anthony Smith of the Blue squad with 1:35 left in regulation knotted the score at 71 apiece and concluded a comeback that saw the Blue team down by as many as 12 points in the second half. The White team ran the clock down for a final shot but a missed three-point field goal by T.J. Bannister sent the game into the first over-time period.

Since it was only a scrimmage the over-time clock was set at two minutes. B.J. Jenkins hit a three-point basket with 26 seconds left on a Larry Blair pass to give the Blue team a 78-76 advantage.

The White team stormed up the court and Tyler Baker had a put back basket on a Bannister miss with four seconds left to tie the game at 78 apiece and send it into the second over-time.

The second over-time clock was set at a minute with the White team getting a quick jump as Dominique Jones put the White team up by two points after the tip was knocked his way giving the White squad a 80-78 lead. Blair came down the court immediately and tied the game up at 80 apiece with 29 seconds left in the second overtime.

Baker came through big again for the White team as he got a Dwight Brewington miss and put it in for what became the game-winning basket with three seconds left giving the White team a 82-80 lead. On the next play Bannister stole the ball on a Alex McLean turnover as time ran out sealing the victory for the White squad.

Blair led all scorers with 29 points to go with six assists and 5-for-8 shooting from three-point range. Other top performers for the Blue team were McLean who had a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Smith scored 17 points on 3-for-6 shooting from three-point range to round out the Blue team’s top performers.

Brewington led an impressive attack with 24 points 9 rebounds for the White squad as four players scored in double figures. Due to the NCAA transfer rule, Brewington, the Providence transfer will be unable to play until the December 16 game at St. Francis (Pa.). Bannister set the table for the White team with 18 points and eight assists. Bannister is sitting out this season due to the NCAA transfer rule. The White team got a double-double from Baker who grabbed 12 rebounds and scored 12 points including what ended up being the game-winning shot. Rounding out the White team’s top performers was Russell Monroe who scored 14 points and grabbed three rebounds.

The Flames start their exhibition season on November 4 against Barton College at the Vines Center. Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m. The Flames have their second and final exhibition game against Cedarville on November 11 with a 4:30 p.m. scheduled start at the Vines Center. The Flames open up the regular season at Oklahoma on November 16. Tip time is set for 8 p.m. EST.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I'm only going by what I saw in the first half.
SCAR wrote:Russell Monroe who scored 14 points and grabbed three rebounds.
That's ridiculous.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Russ needs to rebound more but I am encouraged by the 14 points on 6-10 shooting. Sounds like TJ was creating a lot for his teammates and himself. I hope McLean and Baker put up double doubles tomorrow night. No Brew and No Bannister tomorrow. BJ Jenkins only had 1 turnover. That is a pretty solid performance for a frosh in a sloppy intra-squad game. He could actually start at PG 1st semester.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
yeah, it looks like Russ developed some post moves during the summer. Very encouraging, although I would really like to see us use him in a way that allows him to step out and shoot facing the basket (it's not like we'd lost any rebounding doing that). But alas, if we didn't use him like that last year, we definatly won't this year.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i told you guys about how great Teejay was. like said, every pass he makes your going to hear alot of oooo's and ahhh's. and you did. he played really good, and made russel look really good. he's helping russel get better everyday. dwight was just BEASTING and haveing a great time while doing it. after he hit his head on the ground he didn't score as much, but he still had 9 rebounds which is huge. Tyler played a really good game in his first time in a LU uniform... he's only going to get better. LB was LB and as everyone was saying, now that he has a better team he shares more. he's been working on that alot. i thought smitty played good also and alex missed alot of shots that he normally finishes, but i think he'll be nasty alex tomorrow night though
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
I hear about people complaining about LB taking too many shots last year. What do they expect? The team was awful, who else was going to score last year?
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Did Franklin play???
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
According to the boxscore he played 4 minutes. I thought that he was definately leaving for Oklahoma.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
It also said Blair played on both teams, and Andrew Denton played 28 minutes????? I thought he wasn't even on the team this year?? Is this even accurate??
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Andrew did play a lot.

He brought a lot of intensity on both sides of the court. He may not play much this season, if at all, but he really was pushing those guys hard in practice.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]