If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
For those nay-sayers who hate on RD, I submit the following. This looks like its going to be a great program and gives the team and student body some great interaction. We are fortunate to have this man of God leading the LU program. As it's gotten a little testy on some other posts the past couple of days, this is evidence that RD cares about his players and the perception of the program, and is not simply a PR smokescreen. This goes a long way, in my book, in terms of building goodwill and good LU citizens. That said, it's NOT just all about the win. Well done, Coach!

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 58&TeamID=

Faith In The Furnace Kicks Off Inaugural Season

October 18, 2006
Lynchburg, Va.

Liberty University Head Men’s Basketball Coach Randy Dunton has announced the kick off of the “Faith in the Furnace” interactive prayer program the men’s basketball team is starting during the 2006-07 school year.

The “Faith in the Furnace” prayer program is designed to encourage campus and community wide prayer and scripture memorization. The program is a partnership with Liberty University’s Men’s Basketball team to enrich spiritual lives of program members and the student-athletes.

“We want to build some bridges and get peopled involved,” said Dunton. “We have many community-minded people at Liberty that want to get involved but don’t know how to. This is a way they can.”

Members of the program will receive a “Faith in the Furnace” t-shirt and a LU Basketball lanyard that holds memory verse cards for five dollars.

Every two weeks, throughout the season, members will be encouraged to memorize the same scriptures that the team will be memorizing. The men’s basketball program has high hopes in seeing many LU students wearing the lanyards around their neck, showing their outward support of the team while inwardly renewing their minds with scripture memorization.

"I am excited about this new program, and in fact, look forward to participating in it myself. What could be better? Getting fired up about Liberty, athletics, and God's Word all at the same time sounds like a win-win to me,” said Dr. Troy Edwards, Liberty University GNED Professor. "Faith in the Furnace is something that we can all get involved in that has the potential to change lives both at Liberty, and ultimately, in our community as well. That's exciting to me!"
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
it is awesome! i pruchased the shirt with the lanyard this weekend! very good idea!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yes when I saw RD before chapel last week it was the first thing he talked about. He also said after chapel that about 50 kids didn't get to buy them because they weren't taking debit cards but that they will try to correct that the next time. I think it is a really good idea. Plus it gives everyone a red shirt to wear to the games!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
He told us about this back in April.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Special Guests: Shadrack Meshack and Abindigo will be performing LIVE at half time of the first home game.
(OK I have been sitting on that for DAYS, just had to get it out!)
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Those were the original Faith in the Furnace members!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Those were the original Faith in the Furnace members!
They are calling it the Reunion Tour. Sort of like the Stones, oh stop me now I have hundreds
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Special Guests: Shadrack Meshack and Abindigo will be performing LIVE at half time of the first home game.
(OK I have been sitting on that for DAYS, just had to get it out!)
Oh my gosh--that was positively BRILLIANT!
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]