If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Here's a link to our past results http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamsched ... nYear=2003

2002-2003= we were 8-6 not 9-9 (I don't know where that came from?)

Yeah we are in a weak conference, but you said you want to win. That starts in your conference. If we were to win our weak conference 1 out of every 4 years, and the other 3 years were in the top half of the league I would consider that to be a succesful campaign. We've done that except for last year. Just because of one bad year, doesn't mean he should be gone. If this year is as bad as last year then we can talk.

RD has gone 34-28 in conference play, and that is including last year. Before last year he was 31-15.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
yeah, is overall record is 46-68...ouch that is bad
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
The conference is not weak, Big South RPI was 19 out of 31 conferences... Southern ended at 22 I think and the Atlantic Sun was somewhere around 26... It's only October 5th and this board is getting hot!!! Big South was 7-1 against the Southern Conference last year.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
our strength of schedule is ranked

Suprise Suprise
2002-2003: 311
2003-2004: 233
2004-2005: 246
2005-2006: 200

Huge strength of schedule....and winthrop's even better at 194 in 2005-2006

What a shocker
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
overall overall overall, this is where you're off base. Our "weak" conference, (which is getting to be stronger than most think) and winning it is all that matter at this point in our program. In any of the programs in this conference. OOC wins are nice and can help us come seeding time but that only matters once the program is established in the tournament. Getting in the tournament consistantly is THE only thing that matters, right now. He's building a program, not magically "poofing" one into existance.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
a look at Dunton short tenure here proves that the program is in a trough. The only place to go is up, and he even stated last year "IF they are not winning next year, I will be booing them in the stands."

He knows what he is doing. Combined our number of players the last two seasons is around 25....that is bad. We need help, and I know who were looking at for it...I will even give a clue....He knows the assistant from UVA very well
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Tim Scarborough? Nah. But now I just think you don't like Dunton because you want Gillen.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I don't want Gillen, I wanted Bobby Knight.....we couldn't get him....There is a picture of Gillen at our game last year
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
very nice observation
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Gillen is around the program a lot. He even sat in with Ray Jones and me on a telecast for about 10 game minutes. He is a ton of fun to talk to about x' and o's. But it's not about the X's and o's. Its about the Bobby's and the Joe's! Ok I stole that from Chris Carter on Inside the NFL. Coach Gillen is a good guy. Not sure he is a good fit for Liberty but I happen to think Randy will have his team ready to play each night this year. All of this talk will go away if they start winning. Winning. The Great Elixer.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
SCAR, I agree with you about Gillen... I got a picture of him talking to Falwell at a game, and that was before I knew about this site. I think if we win the talk will end from me; however, winning could be difficult for Dunton
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I consider Pete a friend. I have had many conversations with him about coaching in the future and he definitely says that he would coach again if it were the right situation. I know he loves the northeast and would be open to going up there to coach. They would have to pay him very well too. Not sure if Liberty could afford him but then again, they can pay anyone what they want. In my opinion I don't think RD has to win big this year but it seems to be the concensus opinion whenever anyone talks about Liberty around town at least the folks I talk to. It won't matter if they put up W's though.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
They need wins. It is the whole atmosphere at Liberty. We are trying to move in a knew direction.
Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]