If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
Lindy's basketball magzine has LU picked 7th... what a joke, they don't know about Brew.

1. Winthrop
2. Coastal
3. High Point
4. Radford
5. Charleston Southern
6. VMI
7. Liberty
8. UNC-A

These guys always get there mag out first but this is gonna be ao inacturate come March.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
That's what this season is all about, suprising people, and making a name for ourselves out there. It's starting with football, and will carry over to bball.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Surprised Killen em didn't point that little tid bit out to us :lol: I heard that VMI got a verbal this weekend from 3 players including a 7 footer and 2 6'6" swing men. They had them at the Davidson Football game and it ended up being a wild finish as we heard. Maybe my boy Jason Allison can recruit some talent over there so VMI can climb out of the Big South cellar. I am surprised they are picked above Liberty for this pre-season though.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
Nothing surprising in the top 3 teams but how do you put VMI over two schools? That's ridiculous.

I would put:

WU
HP
CCU
UNCA
LU
CSU
RU
VMI
By panfan01
Registration Days Posts
Here it is:
1.HPU
2.WU
3.LU
4.CCU
5.VMI
6.CSU
7.RU
8.UNCA

Nos. 5 thru 8 are a toss-up-VMI and CSU are the best on paper.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hahahahahahahaha, woooooo. Man that was funny. I about spit Dr. Pepper over the screen.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
They must grow it good in High Point.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
why is everybody so down on UNCA? They put out a perfectly average team year after year. Never good, but certainly not in last.
By panfan01
Registration Days Posts
Wait untill the WU boys respond.I'm tellin' you,HPU is pretty darn good! Check out our schedule.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ohhh, aleady done. They have radar, ya know! Look up about 3 replies
Realist wrote:They must grow it good in High Point.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
What makes VMI good on paper? I always talk with Assistant coach Jason Allison and he thinks they are gonna be better but they still have an uphill battle. I am not gonna predict who will finish where but I can't wait for this year for Liberty. They have a lot to prove and the off season moves look great so far.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
When the coaches poll comes out you will see UNC-A in the top 5... That's the only poll that matters... I wonder about Radford they lost their whole backcourt and the rumor is their coach has been looking to get out every chance this last off season, so are they ranked to high? Also Coastal lost starting point guard and 3 -man, should they still be number 2??? That's why this year is gonna be fun!
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
I agree with killenem. I moved CCU down to three b/c Pele and Stevens are pretty big losses for them. I think they were more valuable than Jack and were a big reason he had such a good season last year. I do think Buzz will keep them relatively high though. UNCA is not going to finish last or in the bottom three, Eddie is a good enough coach to keep them out of that spot. They get KJ Garland back which is a proven commodity. RU has seemed to be a program in turmoil since Samuels took over, and they lose their backcourt in WHF and Bynum. Only b/c VMI seems completely inept did I keep them out of the cellar. I think the middle 4 in my prediction could all fall into any of those spots.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
Scar to answer your question "What makes VMI look good on paper" -- They have their top 4 scorers back Williams 19.9 -- Murrer 13.7 -- T. Holmes 9.9 -- C. Holmes 9.3 ----

They also have their top 3 rebounds back as well...
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Killen em, I see what you mean about the returners. They have a couple of special players in Murer and Williams and the Holmes boys have potential to be great. I just think they need a couple of athletic forwards before they will be able to compete consistently in conference.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
There's no question they need depth to be in the top half.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Doesn't affect us at all, but our former Big South[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]