If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
What's the deal with Evan? Is he transferring? Staying on the squad? Redshirtting? Haven't heard much about him.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Risher who???

Just Kidding.

I thought he transfered.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I thought they kicking him off the team along with Stewart, Bigby, and Eke
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:I thought they kicking him off the team along with Stewart, Bigby, and Eke
that is what i thought too.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Evan isnt sure about what he's doing. he doesn't know if he's coming back to LU as a regular student, or if he's going to go to school back home in Texas. he is leaning towards coming back to LU along with doug and eck as students
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i just got off the phone with rish and he said he's coming back. he's gonna be a regular student for his final 2 years
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
He supposedly went out to L.A and visted Coach Martin's new school
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
not going to try to make the team again, then? even as a walk-on?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I don't think the option is there for him to come back
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i don't think so. he said God took bball away from him, so he's just going to eccept it and see what other oppurtunities he opens up. Evan wants to be a pastor. he has been working at "the ramp" church in Lynchburg, with his pator shantay
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
wow- impressive attitude for a young guy. Best of luck to him.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It sounds like Rish is really maturing. That's fantastic news! I'm liking him more & more by the minute.

If anybody talks with him, invite him over to the board.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
What is even cooler is supposedly, he wasn't a Christian when he first came to LU.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
he was a christian when he came. he says that he got his calling when he was 15 to be a pastor and ever since then he's been trying to avoid it, but now that God has taken bball out of his life, he see now.

now everything he talks about is about the Bible. on road trips we have our own little service on the back of the bus. people leading were Russel, Doug, Rish. (lamarr shorts provided the gospel music) it was pretty good. also andrew denten who is a walk on and pray leader, was back there. he knows his stuff. we had some good talks back there
By grm
Registration Days Posts
It's all good sounding stuff, and nice to read about. I hope and pray that God blesses Rish & the others. Everybody sounds quite excited about the season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Doesn't affect us at all, but our former Big South[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]