If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
In my opinion - The Big South Logos are way to large. It was not intended to be that bold and takes away from the center logo:(
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
can someone takes some pictures for us who arent there??? you guys are so selfish.... j/p lol
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
You know if this board had a really good manager then they would borrow the dig. cam and upload some pics
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Go back a couple pages (I think Page 5) and you'll see the finished product.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
it has a bunch of red x's... prob just my computer acting up. thanks man
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
hey, now that I'm thinking about this- a while back we were arguing about the Vines itself needing an overhaul or replacement. Has there been any movement on the idea lately?

Reading CCU's board shows the architects' renderings of their new place which really looks nice- we need club box seats and restaraunt capabilities to really utilize the place, IMHO. (Also, I like to eat)

Pipe dreams here? Guessing we'd really need to start completely over though that idea amazes those of us that sat and watched the ravine being filled in for that project seemingly not too long ago. (20 years goes by quickly, trust me)
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Well we had this talk the other day and it seems to me that the option of taking the top off and adding another level is one route to go....
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
is that even structurally feasable? On the surface, it would be great to have luxury box seating , etc- but I don't know if the walls would structurally support that.

hmmmm.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
What walls? Its a dome resting on concrete ??? Why couldn't you work with that?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
there's no structural steel in that bldg? I beg to differ- concrete has very little intrinsic strenght- its the steel w/in it that gives the form stability- the concrete protects the steel.

Though those walls may well be POURED and steel reinforce- in which case, they may well be able to hold additional weight. Memory is foggy- sorry. And the fact that, as far as I know- none of us are structural engineers hinders the debate somewhat!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
the clay ground combined with the lake that's under it make me think that it's not possible.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
does anyone know when they are going to finish the court? arent they supposed to be putting "Liberty Flames" on the baseline?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
No, I think it's done.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
the original picture that JB showed me had "The furnace" on the baseline but he siad that he was going to change it to "Liberty Flames".
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
does anyone know when this is going to be finished? i know they still have to put that surrounding down and i dont know if you guys herd about this or not but we were supposed to be getting a covering for the lights added(total darkness).
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
well there has been camps here everyday for the last month and there is a volleyball camp that just started today and runs throughout the whole week
By TheInsider
The rest of the floor should be finished either late next week or early the following week. Because camps have been using the facilities on almost a daily basis, it has been difficult to schedule the work to be done. From what I am told, it should be done probably by next weekend. At least that is when they are scheduled to do it.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Any update on the floor?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
nothing on the main site- anyone sneak over and shoot some pix?
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'll be back on campus Thursday.. so, if you can wait that long.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I will do it tomorrow unless Smoothie beats me to it, I will also have Opps Center pics as well!!!!!
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
the team pics on the concourse have been removed. does that count for anything towards the overhaul? lol
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
GMTM? howd ya make out?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
no pics from me. i did not make it to church today....i know im a sinner!!!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
tried to take a few tonight but the lights were out....I did get one of the walls basically backing up Hurricane's statement of the old team photos being taken down... I will have some pics of the opps center and Hockey arena tomorrow
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]