If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure whether anyone had seen this or not:
Bryan signs Liberty University transfer

Lamarr Shorts, a 6'3" wing who played a year at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA, has signed a National Letter of Intent to play basketball at Bryan College.

At Milford High School in Delaware Lamarr averaged 14 ppg and 8 rpg. He was a first team all conference player and also played in the Delaware State All Star game. His high school coach said, "Lamarr is excellent in the open court, very good defensively. He is team-oriented and his leadership is excellent."

Coach Rekoske said, " Lamarr will bring a lot to our program, I am excited about his talent but even more excited about his attitude and leadership ability. He was one of the hardest workers and most energized players at Liberty last year."
http://www.bryan.edu/1946.html
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
lamarr is a very hard worker and very vocal on the court. i think he's gonna do a pretty good job at the d-2 level.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i hope he does well, but to clarify it is NAIA D2.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Lamar is a good kid and a very hard worker. He is driven to do well so he will do well. He got some PT in some games this season when RD was trying to find answers on the court. We did pre-season profiles on all the players and I had to interview them all. He was by far the most nervous before the interview but he really pulled through once the lights came on. I think he will be that kind of player for them as well. Congratulations to Lamarr.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Lamarr was a great guy. Had him in my American Lit class last fall. It was real nice to see him score 5 straight at the end of the one game (I believe it was the home finale)
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
yea, it was the coastal game..... he held his hand up on a buzzer beater at the end of the game(we lost by like 25)lol... we got on him for that one :lol:
By TheInsider
Lamar will do great at Bryan. I spoke with the Bryan coach when he was here looking at our walk-on's and he was highly impressed with Lamar. He has a great attitude and does everything the coach's ask of him, and for that he will get the rest of his education paid for. Congrats Lamar.
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]