If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By D Edcil
Registration Days Posts
belcherboy wrote:I have looked at the Gun before and would LOVE to have one of those for my team. Spending $4000 on a shooting machine just isn't in the budget though. I don't think the NOAH machine is worth $5000. I can see the advantages of NOAH at the high college and pro levels, but the GUN seems much more practical and effective at developing a good jump shot in the high school and lower end college levels.

If anyone knows of someone wanting to get rid of a GUN, I would love to get my hands on one!!
They are out there. Ebay is obvious, but may have them. Also, call the company and ask if they have any "returns" and tell them your situation. If you push hard enough, and you will have to push, I am sure they will work out something for you.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Rick Mount ... Purdue I believe. Seem to remember big games in the final four.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Also, with all of emphasis on various aspects of basketball, the winner is still the one who puts the basketball through the hoop the most times. Kobe (I don't like him) was always athletic, but he shoots quite well these days. Any device or emphasis on shooting has got to help. Purpose of an offense is to get a good shot, but if there are no shooters, what's the use of a good shot, or an offense. It's still about scoring, which is about shooting.
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
grm wrote:Rick Mount ... Purdue I believe. Seem to remember big games in the final four.
You win the prize!! Flat out the best shooter in college history. I would say pro, but he quit to soon.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If we're talking strictly the college game, I remember Kyle Macy being pretty awesome along with some hick over in Indiana back in the day.
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:If we're talking strictly the college game, I remember Kyle Macy being pretty awesome along with some hick over in Indiana back in the day.
I agree, but I am talking just shooting. Kyle was a better ball handler, Bird a better rebounder and a TREMENDOUS passer. I've seen all three and hands down RM can out shoot both of them. FOR EXAMPLE: I saw him at a bb camp 18 hrs after knee surgery. He made 19 straight bank shots from 3pt range WHILE TALKING TO THE CAMPERS, not really looking at the rim, but talking about form, release, elbow etc. bad knee and all. After he missed someone asked why they should use the backboard. He busted out 44 straight, then said his knee hurt. WINNER!!!!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Come on ... Kyle & Larry were both deadly shooters. Kyle has that ridiculous squat shot that was money. And Bird was shooting aroudn triple teams from all over the floor because no one else on his squad had any game.
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Come on ... Kyle & Larry were both deadly shooters. Kyle has that ridiculous squat shot that was money. And Bird was shooting aroudn triple teams from all over the floor because no one else on his squad had any game.
Never said they weren't crazy good, just RM was better. He had this GREAT money shot from either baseline where he would fade out of bounds, usually if double or triple teamed land about 6 - 8 feet OB and it was MONEY!!! Larry had some good team mates, about as good as Mount's. Remeber, not saying ANY or poor shooters, and AM saying Bird and Macy were better all around players, but the shooting nod goes to The Golden Boy!!
5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up t[…]

Family Travel Obsession

If you have a rental car in Paris this summer, bra[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]