ASOR Club is a subscription-based service that will allow you access to all of our content. Feature stories, enhanced recruiting coverage, the all new rumor mill, and much, much more. Limited info will be posted here. Join The Club to unlock more content today!

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I know that the comments on an article are separate from the forums... but do they have to be? Is there any way to merge them? I am guessing that it isn't feasible, but it would be great if comments on an article would be housed in its own thread. Perhaps the comments feature could be eliminated and a link to an article specific thread could be created? Perhaps in a Club Only forum? 8)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I've been looking at ways of possibly doing that in the future but right now the way forum is configured it isn't something that can easily be accomplished without completely changing everything about both sites (on the back end). I think this has to do with the fact that at one time the forums and ASOR were completely separate identities. Hopefully I can somehow come up with something that better integrates the main ASOR page with the forum.

As far as a Club exclusive forum or premium forum, stay tuned...
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I figured it would be a lot of work. My temporary fix would be to scrap the comments feature and instead have a link to a thread for each article.

Driving readers to the forums, and forum members to the articles should be symbiotic.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I agree Alabama24. Personally, I prefer commenting and responding to comments in a forum rather than comments on an article

However, the SEO benefits can be beneficial for website placement when a blog post has a lot of comments. Forum traffic has almost no impact on SEO.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]