By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Old School
Registration Days Posts
The game with Delaware is scheduled to be broadcast live this season. This will be the first live broadcast of a hockey game . Everyone is encourged to attend to add to the atmosphere.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
:woohoo

I've always wondered when our boys would get on FTN. Will SCAR be commentating?
By DasBeast
Registration Days Posts
Awesome news...Having talked to Kirk a while back about
TV possibilities, I'm surprised it's happening so soon, but I am
extremely happy for him and the entire program.

So who's commentating already? If you need someone....*cough* *cough*....
..I mean...*AHEM*...if no one is available...*AHEM AHEM*...

:dramaqueen
By Old School
Registration Days Posts
I'm interested in anyone, former players, etc. who might have any on air experience. Have them call me or come by and we'll talk. Ray Jones will be play by play.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
They need someone who knows hockey. Listening to some of the guys who did the ACHA playoffs this year, it was really painful. I do, however have it written in my contract to only have green m&m's in the candy bowl. :lol:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
awesome news! im sure it will be neat to see our boys playing on the tube.
By Champion
Registration Days Posts
DasBeast wrote:Awesome news...Having talked to Kirk a while back about

..I mean...*AHEM*...if no one is available...
What's with all of the Phildelphia guys trying to break into broadcasting (Scar, Dabeast, etc)? Any Philly experts available for football?
By DasBeast
Registration Days Posts
Champion wrote:

What's with all of the Phildelphia guys trying to break into broadcasting (Scar, Dabeast, etc)? Any Philly experts available for football?
In what way? I've called plenty of football over the years, too.

As far as "trying to break into broadcasting", Scar has been floating around the LU scene for quite a while now,
and I'm in my 11th year..we're not newbies over here. ;)
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
All I know is Scar loves hockey... Yeah I couldnt believe it either. We were talking some basketball stuff during the playoffs and i would randomly be interrupted by "OHHH NO WAY" or "AHHH CMON!!" I think he would do a great job!

...as long as he keeps his cool 8)
By DasBeast
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:They need someone who knows hockey. Listening to some of the guys who did the ACHA playoffs this year, it was really painful. I do, however have it written in my contract to only have green m&m's in the candy bowl. :lol:
I'll respond to the comment about the ACHA playoffs. Dunno which one you were listening to, but I was honored to
be invited to the Division 2 playoffs. Some of the guys really don't have broadcasting experience, Rick is the new
Division 3 Commissioner, while Adam S. has experience coaching and being behind the scenes. They help out,
if nothing else, in giving the more experienced PBP/Color guys a rest. It's a labor of love, doing these broadcasts,
and I think ours were great this year.

I can't comment on the D1 playoffs, since I didn't actually listen to them, but I did hear some small clips that make me wonder
if some changes would be made in the future to their process.
By Champion
Registration Days Posts
DasBeast wrote:
Champion wrote:

In what way? I've called plenty of football over the years, too.

As far as "trying to break into broadcasting", Scar has been floating around the LU scene for quite a while now,
and I'm in my 11th year..we're not newbies over here. ;)

Hey ... it was a joke! More of a dig at Scar ... sports announcers are so tempermental. I offer my deepest and most hearfelt apology. I am really looking forward to the broadcasts. How about a couple of TV hockey games!
By DasBeast
Registration Days Posts
Champion wrote:
Hey ... it was a joke!
No worries, I knew you were joking...besides, we're not tempermental, we're just so....*sniff*...sensitive... :fight
Champion wrote:
How about a couple of TV hockey games!
There's one coming in November, which I am really looking forward to..hopefully, it leads to more!
By Shrek mike
Registration Days
HI i was wanting to know if there was a way to watch the games on the net in canada or listen to them i tryed last march and it said it cost 5 dollor
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In other words, will the televised hockey game be available on the Liberty Channel stream? Since hockey isn't a Big South sport it shouldn't be subject to that dreadful Big South Edge contract. If it will be carried by Liberty Channel without blackout then we out of town folks will be golden.
By Shrek mike
Registration Days
is there i link to that
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There is no guarantee that the televised game will be carried on the Liberty Channel. But if it is then you would go here ...

http://libertychannel.com/

Just click on streaming video. That's how we used to watch all of the FTN games before the Big South took it all away from us for their joke of a service.
By Old School
Registration Days Posts
The game will be taped delayed because of the basketball games that evening in the Vines Center. The Liberty Channel is streaming them at no cost to the viewer. Check the Liberty Channel programming guide for date and time.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Any Liberty hockey on tv is better than no Liberty hockey on tv in my opinion.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
^^^ very true
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
From the Liberty Channel website:

"Watch LU Hockey December 9th @ 7:00pm as the Liberty Channel brings you taped delayed coverage of the match-up between Virginia Tech and the Liberty Flames."

http://www.libertychannel.com/Sports.html
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
If this is the only game they are televising this year, I think it is a poor choice. D1's schedule is full of top 10 teams from the ACHA. This game will absolutely be a blow out.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
According to the hockey website the following games are listed as being televised this year:

Oct 23 vs Towson
Jan 29 vs Oklahoma
Feb 19 vs Oakland
By ALVI22
Registration Days Posts
Old School wrote:I'm interested in anyone, former players, etc. who might have any on air experience. Have them call me or come by and we'll talk. Ray Jones will be play by play.
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
ALVI22 wrote:
Old School wrote:I'm interested in anyone, former players, etc. who might have any on air experience. Have them call me or come by and we'll talk. Ray Jones will be play by play.
Alvi is one of my all time fav hockey players. Him and his "shut up juice"...

for those of you that weren't at that game back in the day at the ice station against MD... EPIC!!! Smale dropped 3 Terra(bowling)-pins with one hit and Alvi had the entire MD team wanting to fight him (and he wasn't even on the ice that game). Ahhhhh... LU Hockey the way it used to be.

(Don't get me wrong, i love having the games at LU, the players are phenomenally talented, the results the team is getting are amazing, but the passion for the game that had players driving 3 times a week to practice late at night and students driving an hour away to pack out an 1100 seat rink for games starting at 11pm just seems to be lacking a bit at the new place...) We were guaranteed at least 2+ fights a game, most likely 7+ goals and fireworks by most of the guys. Those who were there know what im talking about...
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]