By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
incredible game, and great season by the flames! 2nd in the nation, is a great accomplishment!
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Great game despite the outcome
By Thelaxman
After all we have put up with in Football and Basketball with losing this year. I'm just really proud of having a winning Hockey Team at LU. It's time to go NCAA in Hockey folks and start recruiting all those kids from Mass, Michigan and Minnesota along with all those great Christian Hockey Players from Canada.

Thelaxman
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Amen to the Laxman. Hey, was that an exciting game or what...
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Just wondering why we haven't gone NCAA yet? I'm not a big follower of hockey, especially NCAA, but does any one have any info as to why we haven't, and when will/should we?
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
With all of the interest in hockey right now and with the successes that we have had the last few years we will have to go Division 1. Maybe it is a financial decision.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Just wondering why we haven't gone NCAA yet? I'm not a big follower of hockey, especially NCAA, but does any one have any info as to why we haven't, and when will/should we?
Was saying somewhere else- we have been debating this one over and over. Initially, I believe Title IX compliance was a factor. All indications are we will move Hockey up along with establishing a Ladies Golf team.

The other factor is talent level. Remember, this is a club team, not varsity. As the guys will tell you, its a WHOLE different game at the next level. Many of the NCAA teams (such as Michigan St) also field club teams that compete in our league- so we will have a learning curve.

All the same, its great to be a winner and I couldn't be more proud of the guys.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
It's a fantasic thing for LU to accomplish what they have. So proud, and a tip of the hat!

Bobby Orr should be smiling.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sorry I am so tardy is the congratulations due to my trip. But I admit I was thoroughly impressed when I heard the results from Dr. J at TRBC last weekend.

Combine this result with our new facility and Coach Handy is not going to have any trouble finding new talent to come down to Lynchburg.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the updates medic, UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHh sooooo close

GREAT SEASON GUYS!!!!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
jcmanson wrote:Just wondering why we haven't gone NCAA yet? I'm not a big follower of hockey, especially NCAA, but does any one have any info as to why we haven't, and when will/should we?
Was saying somewhere else- we have been debating this one over and over. Initially, I believe Title IX compliance was a factor. All indications are we will move Hockey up along with establishing a Ladies Golf team.

The other factor is talent level. Remember, this is a club team, not varsity. As the guys will tell you, its a WHOLE different game at the next level. Many of the NCAA teams (such as Michigan St) also field club teams that compete in our league- so we will have a learning curve.

All the same, its great to be a winner and I couldn't be more proud of the guys.

yeah, and this has been moved to the top of the list now that we have a rink & some donors with an "invested" interest
By Thelaxman
Both my Sons are learning to Ice Skate at the local rink here in Rio Rancho called Blades. They have Hockey there year round so I'm going to sign them up. They told me that they want to go to a Hockey game so I plan to go see the minor league Team here in the Querque. Also I may fly them up to Denver to see the Aves play. But since I'm retired from US Airways and have free flying for myself and my Family for life I'm going to start to at least make 1-2 trips a year to Lynchburg to see some Hockey. I may even start to follow the Team on the road if they go out to the midwest or Maryland or PA. As an Alumni that has gotten tired of the losing Football and Basketball I have decided to really start to follow the Hockey Team. I believe that both Football and Basketball will turn the corner but from here on out I'm really going to pledge my support for the Hockey Team. Maybe we could even put together an Alumni group to sit the parking lot of some of these arenas that the Team plays on the road and cook up some food. Just a few ideas, this is all good stuff.

Thelaxman
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Don't give up on football & hoops, my man. I have a feeling it won't be long before we start having hockey-type success soon across the board.
By Thelaxman
I hope you are right.

Thelaxman
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]