By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Guest
*EDIT: made into the game thread*

Original Title: "Game Tonight Cancelled"

Maryland was unable to make the trip so the game is off.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
That was me.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like they should've cancelled the MBB game, too. Perhaps if hockey had played, then many fewer fans would have been spoiled the "wretched performance" as Chris described.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
OK, has anybody heard how last night's game finished?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
KH said that cost us 10 grand...lol
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
no luck digging up that score anywhere- as per usual.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
what score are you looking for?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LU/MD last evening
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
9-3 LU
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
typical twerps! im glad we wore them out friday night!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I know this is late- but here's that wrapup from the official site:

Hockey Shells Terrapins, 9-3
by Scott LaPeer

Taking to the road Friday for a match up against northern neighbor University of Maryland , Liberty 's hockey team looked to continue building on their marked improvement of late and close out their final weekend of UHL Conference play with a bang. After a somewhat slow start that prompted some motivational, dressing room discourse, the Flames finally managed to kick their game into high gear, easily dispensing an undermanned and outmatched Terrapin squad, 9-3.
A four-and-a-half hour trip may have attributed to an atypical start for the Flames who were both surprised and disappointed to find themselves tied at two with the Terrapins after an opening period of play.
"We just came out a little flat to start the game after being on the bus for so long," said sophomore defenseman Jimmy Stewart.
Sophomore forward Tristin Chambers came out flying on the game's opening shift, helping Liberty strike first in jumping out to 1-0 lead.
"There was a shot that came in from a defenseman and (senior Jon) Fitter picked up the rebound and put it on net and it banged off someone's leg and came to me. I was right there to finish it off and score," said Chambers.
After Maryland quickly countered by scoring on the following shift, senior Jonathan Ziegler slid a wrist shot along the ice to beat the Terrapin goaltender to the low, left-side of the net. The power-play goal again put the Flames up one, but Maryland caught Liberty napping on defense before the period's end to score and knot the contest at two heading into the teams' respective locker rooms. With the score tied against Maryland, a team the Flames have had little trouble defeating in past seasons, Liberty left the ice with a degree of unrest, searching for someone to step up and lead the charges the rest of the way.
Inside the Flames' dressing room, sophomore Kevin Dykstra stood up and implored his team to regain focus before they went any further, challenging them to play up to their full capacity.
"Dykstra gave a bit of a wake-up talk, saying that people really needed to step up their play. After that, it was a different team that came out for the second period and the effort finally matched the skill level," Fitter said.
Opening the second period, Liberty came out with a new and refreshed attack that matched the clean sheet of ice they would soon wreak havoc on. Junior Jordan Wilson took little time in finding the back of the net, leading an offensive onslaught that would span the final two periods, effectively ending any hopes of a Maryland upset. Ziegler scored his second goal of the game and sophomore defenseman Aaron Mackenzie also chipped in to push the Flames ahead for good.
Sophomore goalie Mike Binnie stood his ground, providing Liberty with more of the solid backstopping they have grown accustomed to whenever number 31 protects their net. Despite giving up two difficult goals early, Binnie was unshaken and remained the dominating presence that ranks him among the top goaltenders in the entire ACHA this season.
"The goals that were scored weren't his fault," Stewart said of Binnie. "He was his usual self in goal. He made the saves he needed to make, and in the second and third periods he didn't make any mistakes."
Sophomore Andy Chamberland and freshman Adam Kemp both added goals in the third, a period that saw the Flames punctuate their victory with an increased level of physical play. Placing the contest out of the Terrapins' reach, Liberty followed the lead of unsung defenseman Adam Konop in giving Maryland something to think about before returning to Lynchburg in the 2006-07 season.
"He played well and was really physical the whole game. He had a huge hit in the third period when a Maryland guy cut across ice and lost the puck and Konop nailed him sending him spinning in the air," Chambers said. Although disappointed by Maryland's cancellation of Liberty's final home game due to inclement traveling weather, the Flames improve to 17-6-1 and look forward to carrying their second-semester success into their regional playoffs next weekend in Astor, Pennsylvania . The Flames will need two wins to make a return trip to the ACHA National Tournament in Rochester, New York , and feel like their best hockey is still ahead of them.
"I think that we're peaking at the right time of the season," said Stewart. "We're very confident right now and want to keep going and carry it into regionals."
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]