By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Lindenwood has taken an unconventional path in athletics to say the least. D2 in most sports, they are already D1 in women's hockey and gymnastics as well as men's volleyball. Once men's hockey makes the transition, they will have 4 D1 teams. All of them are club sports at Liberty. They also have managed to keep their wrestling and men's lacrosse teams as well as men's swimming and diving while having a D2 football team (36 scholarships max). Hard to see how they can do it and keep Title IX compliant.
Title IX has always been the reason that promoting the ladies is our most likely option for NCAA Division I. Theoretically raising them both up offsets the opportunities and scholies. But football will forever be the beast.
Ill flame wrote: February 9th, 2021, 11:06 pm Liberty has definitely taken the SEC approach to it's athletic department vs the Big Ten approach. They try to focus on being great at the minimum number of sports instead of good at the maximum number of sports
I hadn't thought of the conference trends, but I believe you are correct. Lindenwood has 27 sports compared to Liberty's 18. Their non-conventional choices as to the sports they have elevated to D1 status is also interesting. I assume it was based on success. What a lot of Liberty fans don't know is that Liberty's baseball program, under Al Worthington, was able to move up to D1 years ahead of the rest of the department based on success and scheduling.
olldflame wrote: February 10th, 2021, 7:36 am Their non-conventional choices as to the sports they have elevated to D1 status is also interesting. I assume it was based on success.
I think they are just playing D1 in the sports that D2 doesn’t have and D2 schools naturally play in D1 (like women’s hockey, men’s volleyball - men’s hockey is another one if this goes through)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]