By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The original head coach of one of the most successful club programs on the mountain stepped down recently. I know some have a less than stellar view of him, but one thing he did a LOT of in the past 11 seasons is win...going 234-89-20 with the women's squad including the first hockey national championship in school history.

Godspeed to Coach Bloomfield and his wife. I had the chance to interview him a few times for my role as a Club Sports writer and he was very helpful to me in getting info up in a timely manner.

Enjoy your retirement coach!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Original coach for the women's team Sly...sorry I should have made that distinction in the OP
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As I said, I know some have a less than stellar view of him and are probably glad he has stepped down...
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I knew scott fairly well. I didn't mind him at all. I knew his dad through working as womens game score keeper for a semester for "christian service hours" lol I know they rubbed people the wrong way and there were some things that went on behind the scenes that I was never aware of. but I never had a problem with either of them.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That is an excellent move! I enjoyed working with Coach Lowes when I covered hockey for Club Sports
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:My former teammate Chris Lowes just announced as the new Women's Head Coach. Coming over from Men's D2 where he coached the Flames to back to back national title game appearances.

The ladies program is now in excellent hands.
Chris is a great guy. I roomed with him for a short while back in the day.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]