By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Surprised this isn't posted yet. The Lahaye Center is about to undergo major changes and upgrades. 3,500 seats (1,000 chairback), 10 suites, major expansion to club sports offices and training areas, etc.

It's cool, and Liberty has the money. Why ten suites? Seems like overkill. I get 2-4, but 10? All I can say is, Liberty really seems to be building toward something huge in hockey (NCAA-I?), and has always given club sports way more attention then 99% of other universities. Interesting.

When you've got more money than you can find ways to spend, you invent new ways to spend it.

http://www.liberty.edu/campusrec/clubsp ... 016&TeamID
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts

I think we can all agree that you don't make this type of investment to maintain the status quo. This announcement has the collegiate hockey world buzzing especially in light of Arizona State's recent announcement to move up.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Once upon a time, it was said LU would never take on the expense of adding ice hockey. I guess now all we're doing is waiting on the word of when, not if, we'll move up. I am assuming a women's team will be needed for Title IX concerns. Maybe one day we'll also field a women's golf team.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I believe it is understood that we would have to add both mens & womens teams simultaneously. As for golf ...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sly is right in that it isn't something we need to be considering at this point since they haven't even broken ground. Down the road, our most geographically viable options are Hockey East, Atlantic Hockey, ECAC and the super-longshot is the Big Ten as a hockey affiliate
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
As a fan I'm sad to see "The Rail" go but as a member of the broadcast crew I'm glad that area is getting a much needed upgrade. If they were more than two people in that control room it was crowded.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Sly is right in that it isn't something we need to be considering at this point since they haven't even broken ground.
...which according to the article happens on March 15th. Lol
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I don't see this move as a sign that we are going ncaa... But that could happen. From the sounds of the article, things are going well as is.
By comet
Registration Days Posts
College hockey is so fractured that we may not need to be in the NCAA to have a legit program. I'm sure there's some value is saving the Title IX red tape for other programs.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
It looks great and sounds like it is going to ba a top notch faciity. I do hope that they put some brick on the outside to blend it in with the oher buldings on campus.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Of all the miracles on Liberty Mtn, this one is the most amazing to me. For someone who started at LBC in 1972 living on Treasure Island the dream of a hockey arena or teams is mind blowing.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
http://www.liberty.edu/campusrec/clubsp ... 20&TeamID=
I can't wait for this to be finished, both as a fan and a broadcaster. It won't be completely finished until January, which I assume was the original plan but all the essentials should be done in time for the season opener in October. Only downside to this is no hockey on the mountain until October.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
follow @LUkirkhandy for updates
rink/stands

Weight room/locker rooms

new facade/offices (?)

seating
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
It's starting to look like a real rink, not just a warehouse that someone put a hockey rink in.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thank you Kirk Handy for the photo updates since we lost our web-cam

https://twitter.com/lukirkhandy

Interior:

Exterior:

NEW BOARDS:

Latest update on interior- this place will be unbelievably loud when full
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
I love the progress they're making, it doesn't even look like the same place anymore. It looks like a legit arena not an old factory that we stuck an ice-rink in the middle of.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]