By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
The boys from baltimore county come down to lahaye for a weekend series. this is their season opener as well. here is a story from their website about their new training facility. and here is their website http://www.umbcicehockey.com/index.php
Dawgs Obtain New Training Center and Locker Room Facilities
August 21, 2006

As the 2006-2007 UMBC Retrievers Ice Hockey team met for the first time Sunday, Aug. 20th, players were surprised with extremely exciting news of a new center for hockey operations at Piney Orchard Ice Arena.

The 10,000 square foot center, previously occupied as the Washington Capitals training facility and locker room space, is now the new home for Dawgs Ice Hockey. With seating for up to 47 players in the locker room, a players lounge with couches and coaches boards, weight room, trainer's facilities, coaches' offices and more, the new home will provide players with (literally) a professional quality space for the upcoming season.

Players met Sunday evening at UMBC to meet each other, go over goals and expectations for the upcoming season, initial paperwork, and receive their player apparel. They were then told that the team would be travelling to the rink for a surprise. Upon arrival players were shocked as Head Coach Dan Grisanti took them to the door to their private entrance into the rink and told the guys
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
flames win 10-2!! mike binnie was in goal tonight and stoltzie will be between the pipes tomm night!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
10-2 holy crap!! thats great...looks like the move to D1 in the ACHA hasn't changed a whole lot....can't wait to go to the game tomorrow night...any idea how many fans showed up tonight??
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
GMTM did not tell me, but said it was a good crowd, but the game got chippy when the blowout commenced.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
From my understanding this wasn't one of the better D1 teams. That's not to take anything away from our guys. I wasn't there though. Talking to some people I've been told we'll be able to compete with everyone but not dominate like last year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah i knew this wasn't one of the better teams, but you never really know what to expect at the beginning of the season, especially moving up to D1....I think we will do fine, its not a huge step up in competition...can't wait to go tomorrow night, i hope the place is loud and packed out....i remember the first game there last year, it was a great atmosphere....now with seats and added comfort you may be able to attract more people....
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I hope to be there tomorrow night. I work til 7 though so we'll see.

I had plans tonight so I missed the game.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
congrats to our guys and Coach on a great start to the season!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
UMBC is a D 2 team
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
anybody that was there going to let us in on how big the crowd was??? lots of fights?? details people.....geez
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:UMBC is a D 2 team
I was told yesterday by people with the hockey team that they were D1.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Coach told me last night that they are a D2 team
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
now lets argue about who is right....then ask the question if it matters....nope....hockey season has started and really that is all that matters
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I didn't think it was that big of a deal either way.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks director- good to have you aboard!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
2-0 after the 1st period. this is smoothie on gmtm's computer. go flames!!!
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
thanks for the update smoothie.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good to see ya smoothie- keep the updates coming! the FB game is predictably all but over
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Are we broadcasting the game tonight?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's what I thought.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
3-1 at the end of the second. the flames are not playing that great, and UMBC is playing with more intensity.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
4-2 final. flames win. UMBC had their legs and played with a lot of intensity. the flames had too many penalties, but overall a nice win.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
it was good to meet stoltzie last night and talk to him about him growing up in canada, and his love for the game of hockey. keep his mom in prayer as she battles an illness. Also it was good to see the behind the scenes stuff that GMTM, and the 90.9 crew do to set up for a game and all the potential problems that could happen and how they are handled. back to the game, the new rules will take some time for adjustment, but this weekend's games are a great tuneup for the rest of the season.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

I really don’t care which way it goes - ju[…]

NMSU

Any info about the new incoming players to the p[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

OK, so the latest from ASOR says that Smith is com[…]

NFL’s trading rules, salary cap, and prof[…]