By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Attended my first game the other night and was very impressed with the talent and play. I will be back. IV watched hockey at the AHL and NHL level for 30 years ... I had no idea that D-1 Club Level hockey was this good. I thought the "play" was better than many ECHL games Ive seen.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
IMO this is one of our down years. A few of the teams we've had in the past couple years were amazing.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Glad you were able to take in a game. While our team may be down this year, we have developed a multi-tiered program that even when things aren't clicking has us among the best club teams in the country.

Dating back to when the club was started in the '80s and we had to drive to Salem to practice & play, we have always had an exciting experience for our fans.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Most exciting live sporting event on campus IMO....no doubt Sly they will be back...keep in mind a down year for LU Hockey is not being ranked in the top 10 but still being ranked :D
By grm
Registration Days Posts
I've heard it said by coaches in reference to Div I vs D II that D-II has guys that can skate like heck, & D-I has big guys that can skate like heck. Good hockey players are fun to watch, no matter the size, & some of the most enjoyable hockey I've watched is good high school hockey.

I like to see it officiated properly, & then with good coaching & playing, it's definitely one of the best sports to watch in person.

Any of NMSU 1st 5 hitters can beat us, .315 to .43[…]

2024 Season Thread

I wish. DBU is a bit of a haul even from my locati[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Group of Five schools to unveil all-new Top 25 As […]

Field Hockey

Oh I agree, I was just out of the loop.