By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
The Men's Hockey Team begins their season with Adrian College tonight at 7:30. Adrian was ranked #10 & #13 in the final rankings of last season so the should give us a good challenge. All home games can be viewed here http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=21918

**also**

The DI men's hockey squad opens up the season against Adrian from Michigan ,with a faceoff friday and saturday at 7:30pm. the games will be streamed live on the internet. By the way here is some info on them - http://www.adrianbulldogs.com/sports/c-hockey/index

GO FLAMES!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Flames win game #1 in OT, 2-1

good game- production value on the streaming video was much better than I expected.

multiple cameras and camera angles, crowd shots when appropriate, and graphics were suprisingly good.

PbP guy and color guy were solid, good numbers in attendance and I believe I saw the Jr/Wife in the crowd

it would be well worth your time and NO expense to tune in tomorrow nite
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Flames win in OT, 2-1

good game- production value on the streaming video was much better than I expected.

PbP guy and color guy were solid, good numbers in attendance and I believe I saw the Jr/Wife in the crowd

I agree Medic. The stream was real good. Better than some ESPNU hockey games I've seen. If you are in town this weekend, go check out tomorrow's game, it'll be a good one.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I had the same thought BOB.

I've watched some crappy televised hockey. This was not.

Well done, all around.

PS: oh yeah- congrats to the team for the win, too 8)
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
The boys are down 2-0 at the end of the first. Adrian has been playing very disciplined hockey and their fore check has been fantastic.
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
the boys lost 5-1.

the first two goals were really soft. adrian played really well, we played like crap.

couldnt pass, couldnt clear the defensive zone, couldnt break into the offensive zone, couldnt establish the power play, gave up short handed scoring opportunities while we were ON the power play. gave up at least one power play goal that i saw.

our penalty killing was atrocious. sat back in a box and let them have the perimeter. didnt come out to challenge.

very little fire in them until after the game was out of reach and then only for short periods of time in reaction to a cheap shot, etc...

a few good hits. a couple scrums late in the 3rd.

bottom line, we need leadership, focus and good solid basics. tonight was not liberty hockey. tonight was "get beat by the classic LU D-2 teams from 01-05."

im starting to wonder if the new ice rink has civilized our boys. might begood for them to have to drive an hour each way to practice and then play at 11pm. just to see where they came from. then they might remember what hockey is and how its supposed to be played. could just be a young team, could just not be used to playing together, but everything was off tonight.

i hope they get it together, and quickly. if not, that first round exit, wont be a shock like last year... if we get there.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]