By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
What does it even matter that we are having this discussion?!? I mean this discussion is SO pointless I cant even think of a good enough analogy for it.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
im a hockey fan so yes B.J. it is a valid discussion. the top level ACHA Division I teams do play a good brand of hockey and some of the teams could compete at the D3 level. so what if it's club?? those guys play their butts off in front of a loyal fan base every weekend, that does not suck. winning a club national championship to me is a big deal, and LU is darn close to getting there. that does not suck. will LU competing in the NCAA ever happen?? i doubt it, but it's fun to think about. it is also fun to speculate how they would do. we speculate a lot on this board on other things. i wonder if the troll has ever seen an LU hockey game?? i doubt it, because if he did, i feel he would think differently. but this is from a guy who is a D3 homer from a school we could care less about, and makes dumb comments about our athletics program and school and somehow gets away with it, not to mention some other views he has made before...i digress. in any regard i think flamerbob and i are simply saying ACHA DI is not that far below NCAA D3 and some of the top level ACHA DI teams could compete in NCAA D3. thank you and good evening.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well said smoothie...Im just annoyed that we are even arguing about this...LU plays an amazing brand of hockey (heck in 6 games theyve scored at least 10 goals 4 times and rallied from three goals down in the third period against one of the top ACHA DII teams out there) I just think that shuk is unnecessarily getting his panties in a wad over this discussion. It seems like every time someone even mentions NCAA DIII in passing (Im surprised he didnt derail my discussion on the football board when I mentioned Mt Union) he jumps in like the great defender.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]