By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU Alumni Director
Registration Days Posts
The Sasser Cup is the trophy given out to the Big South School that has the most success over the course of the year. It is on a point system, and you get points for both having teams in competition and how you place. Liberty and Coastal Carolina have been 1 and 2 for the past few years. The wins for CC the past few years have been by just a few points. One of the places they can pull away from Liberty is in the fact they get points for women's golf, and they are good so they usually get the 1st or 2nd place points. The athletic admin., will always look at ways to add to Big South sports, so they can try to win the cup again.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Sausser Cup...

C'mon this is the hockey link. The only cup we should be talkin' about is the Stanley Cup!!

8)
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I think we could get a better offer from a bigger conference if we don't jump at the first option.

Quite frankly, I believe our hockey team has a chance to be a top-10 team in the country right now.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
that may be a tad optimistic- top 25 club team, definitely. Don't know about top 10. Not taking anything away from our guys- but there are a lot of solid teams out there and we are "only" 6th in OUR division.
They should do well in the playoffs though, and are developing a GREAT following on campus (can I start the "I told ya so" thread yet?
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
We would hold two of the most distinctive recruiting tools of any D1 hockey team in the country:

1) We're the southern most team with their own rink. It provides a drastic home-field advantage. All of these games have been packed out. The estimate of 1500 per game might be a bit shallow. I believe each game has sold out at around 2400 tickets per game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

2) We're the premier sports program for Evangelical Christians all around the world. Okay, so maybe Baylor has something to say about that, but we have nothing but to boast in the power of Christ. I love the highway this university has taken as its approach to sports. We may not be the best, or get the best players, but we're going to move forward in Jesus' name. That should be a highly valuable recruiting chip. I think in the past, we've had to sell recruits in all sports on everything but the "religious" aspect of the school. Liberty is growing at a rate where recruits are WANTING to play here. (Different sport, but it pained me to watch Brewington <sp?> sitting on the sideline of the Men's Basketball game, a couple days ago against VMI. He wanted to get out and play with the team so bad. This is a guy who's tore up some serious D1 competition. THOSE are the kind of guys I want here at Liberty.) We are here to glorify Christ, Liberty offers another path to do that through sports. Sorry, enough of my rant, but it is a MAJOR MAJOR tool in recruiting that we should use to our advantage.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]