Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Quinton Cooley
5' 9" 213 lbs Running Back
Bailey (NC) Southern Nash HS
Transfer from Wake Forest
*** 2 Years of Eligibility Remaining ***

ASOR Story on his Commitment

WF Profile

on3 3- :star

Rivals 3- :star

Hudl

New Twitter

Old Twitter

Career Stats
2020: Did not appear in a game
2021: 45 Carries for 156 Yds (3.5 YPC) with 1 TD + 1 Catch for 5 Yds
2022: 47 Carries for 215 Yds (4.6 YPC) with 3 TDs + 1 Catch for 10 Yds
Kricket wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 1:27 pm He will provide some depth behind Dae Dae. Hopefully we don't have to see him as the starting back anytime soon.

Also thanks for all your efforts on these recruit posts, Sly! Its a lot of work for sure.
Dae Dae transferring was a part of my concern on this post. Quinton may turn into a critical piece to our offense next year.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: January 5th, 2024, 3:51 pm Brylan Green has me nervous with his activity on X today.
This. He’s been feigning as though he has some interest in the portal. However, isn’t the window to enter now closed?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
There is an extended deadline for players whose programs played in late bowl games. Don’t know when it ends.
By AATL
JK37 wrote:There is an extended deadline for players whose programs played in late bowl games. Don’t know when it ends.
Today is the final day for Liberty players to enter.
phoenix wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:12 pm
Kricket wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 1:27 pm
Quinton may turn into a critical piece to our offense next year.
My nomination for Understatement of the Year.
I mean he was kinda sorta a key component this year :D
rtb72, Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Kricket wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 1:27 pm
Quinton may turn into a critical piece to our offense next year.
I know you guys are just giving me a hard time, but I'm not sure that represents the full context. That post is from 2022 when Dae Dae was still on the roster. Saying he may be a critical piece was mostly due to the question of whether Dae Dae would be on the team or not.

Perhaps a bit controversial, but I still think Dae Dae was a better back although he may not have fit this year's offense quite as well.

As far as understatements of the year, I think I could probably find more egregious posts understating K Salter's potential 2023 impact than what I said about Cooley above. :wink:
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:53 pm
Purple Haize wrote:
I know you guys are just giving me a hard time, but I'm not sure that represents the full context. That post is from 2022 when Dae Dae was still on the roster. Saying he may be a critical piece was mostly due to the question of whether Dae Dae would be on the team or not.

Perhaps a bit controversial, but I still think Dae Dae was a better back although he may not have fit this year's offense quite as well.

As far as understatements of the year, I think I could probably find more egregious posts understating K Salter's potential 2023 impact than what I said about Cooley above. :wink:
We kid because we care :D :evil:
Kricket liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 1:06 pm I think they were giving you props for being a prophet! But it was PH, so you can never quite tell.
Like Austin Powers I’m an International Man of Mystery
By Ill flame
It's hard to compare hunter and Cooley. Hunter was much more explosive but it's nearly impossible to tackle Cooley for loss. It would've been nice to have them both this season but everything seemed to work out.
By Tnobes
Running back room is fantastic. Cooley is a bowling ball, Vaughn Blue is going to be great and I am hoping James Jointer gets more carries next season, I think he can put up Cooley numbers
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:53 pm
Purple Haize wrote:

Did Dae Dae end up landing anywhere? I know Shedro ended up at Tulane, and that Dae Dae had some ... issues there at the end.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I thought Dae Dae went to the XFL but maybe I’m misremembering.

I think he had to sit a year due to the 2 transfer rule that has since been lifted.
By Ill flame
Was there ever any closure on his arrest? I wonder if that was part of the reason no one picked him up along with his inability to play right away. I found an article from last summer where he said a few teams contacted him but none seriously recruited him. He did ultimately end up signing with the renegades of the XFL but I don't believe he ever made the roster. He never recorded any stats. I assume the XFL wasn't his first choice.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]