Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Reese Mooney
6' 1" 200 lbs Quarterback/Shortstop
Denham Springs (LA) HS

ASOR Story on his Commitment

247sports 3- :star

Rivals 3- :star

on3 3- :star

ESPN 3- :star

QB Hit List 4- :star

Hudl Profile

Perfect Game Baseball Profile

Prep Baseball Report

Twitter

Other Notable P5 Offers:

Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia Tech
Illinois
Kentucky
Maryland
Miami (FL)
Nebraska
Ole Miss
Syracuse
Vanderbilt (Former Commit)
West Virginia

BR Proud wrote:Denham Springs quarterback Reese Mooney focuses on mechanics this summer
by: Aileen Hnatiuk

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 / 02:37 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 22, 2022 / 02:50 PM CDT

WATSON, LA. – Denham Springs is just one of five high schools participating in 7-on-7 games at Live Oak. Yellowjackets quarterback Reese Mooney is focusing on improving mechanics this summer, specifically his footwork.

“Pocket movements. Getting out and stuff like that. It does transition towards the field. Just gets my feet in the right position. If you have bad feet, you’re going to have bad mechanics. If you have bad mechanics, you’re not going to put the ball where you want it to,” said Denham Springs quarterback Reese Mooney.
Click Here for Full Story including Video
LSU Odyssey wrote:REESE MOONEY IN CONVERSATION: 2023'S LOUISIANA QB TELLS ALL

Lonn Phillips Sullivan - Jun 18

Holding 34 total offers, including Miami, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Cincinnati among others, Denham Springs, Louisiana-native QB Reese Mooney is poised for a senior year that could really signify a major breakthrough for the two sport talent.

While every top power five school in America is interested in Mooney (LSU, Oregon, Georgia among others), there was some worries over his baseball career interfering with football as well as concerns over his broken ankle in 2021.
Click Here for Full Story
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Pretty good indication Hank Brown is gone for good. Auburn? UAB? Reese may not be an actual upgrade, but he is certainly a spicy plan B. I love that we look to be becoming a destination for football/baseball 2 sport players. Some really special athletes in that group.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
It blows my mind that there's a debate if this kid is the best QB in the class with that offer list.

The program really has come so far.

Side thought... with Salter, JB, and Mooney coming in, I wonder if Hampton doesn't dip his toes into the portal.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 7th, 2022, 11:35 pm It blows my mind that there's a debate if this kid is the best QB in the class with that offer list.

The program really has come so far.

Side thought... with Salter, JB, and Mooney coming in, I wonder if Hampton doesn't dip his toes into the portal.
I suspect they all will hang around through Spring practice, when the pecking order will get somewhat sorted out. Any word as to whether Mooney will enroll in the Spring? My guess is he will probably want to play his Sr year of HS baseball.

Apart from his performance on the gridiron, as a SS prospect in baseball, you gotta believe Moony is quick, and has a strong arm and great hand eye coordination. All great assets for a qb as well.
Kricket liked this
By LUOrange
I never thought we'd keep both Mooney and Brown. Makes sense that Brown would follow Freeze or Dilfer. Mooney seems genuine in the articles I've read/skimmed. I'm sure Chadwll coaching McCall and baseball has kept him committed to us. I hope he finishes his senior year in HS. No point enrolling early with all of the QB's on our roster now and so he can get the full use of his red shirt year in football and baseball, if necessary.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
GREAT interview!

Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]