Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Dexter Ricks Jr.
6' 1" 175 lbs Cornerback
Milledgeville (GA) Baldwin HS

ASOR Story on Commitment

247sports Profile

Hudl

Twitter

The Union Recorder wrote:Ricks’ recruitment heating up

Gil Pound
Jun 8, 2021

There’s a slight case of déjà vu surrounding the Baldwin High School football program this summer.

It’s another year, another Braves defensive back being highly recruited by multiple notable colleges. Last year it was Javon Bullard, who eventually committed, signed and early enrolled at the University of Georgia.

This year it’s Dexter Ricks Jr.’s turn. The 6-1, 175-pound rising senior already had five scholarship offers in hand as of Tuesday morning, but that number figures to increase weekly leading up to the 2021 season.

“It’ll get up between 20 and 25,” Baldwin head football coach Jesse Hicks said. “That’ll happen in the next couple of weeks.”
Click Here for Full Story
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I certainly am hoping that Dexter will be a great player for us and prove his "doubters" wrong. Having said that............................. not a big fan of recruits who use their committment announcement as an opportunity to basically whine about how they should have been more heavily recruited.
flameshaw liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Any literary folks who know what famous author is from Dexter's hometown? (without googling)
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No to Samuel Clemens, but if you took ENGL 102 or 202, I almost guarantee that you have read this author's short stories. Study
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: August 15th, 2021, 4:16 pm I think a good answer will be hard to find :wink:
That's what I'm talking about!!! :clapping And some claim that JK and Purple are just good country people. 8)
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Funnily enough, I did not discover O’Connor in English class, although I did minor in English at LU. Sufjan Stevens had a song on his “Seven Swans” album called “A Good Man is Hard to Find.”

My wife gets mad at me for knowing answers on Jeopardy for random reasons lol
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
As long as you learned it, that's what counts. There's a beautiful song by Sarah Jarosz about Poe's poem "Annabel Lee." And there's a Springsteen song entitled "The Ghost of Tom Joad" about Steinbeck's novel, The Grapes of Wrath. I learned neither of these songs in grad school; instead, my own students told me about them. Study
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure Cider came by his information about Milladgeville being the home town of Flannery O'Connor honestly, but since I cheated and googled it, I can tell you that possibly the most famous natives of the town are Oliver Hardy (of Laurel and Hardy fame) and Marjorie Taylor Green.
badger74 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]