Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Tnobes
jinxy wrote: December 20th, 2022, 4:37 pm He operates very differently from freeze. Pros and cons to each. I can assure you hes working hard. I think all but 1 or 2 staff hires are in place and will be announced sometime after coastal bowl.

Think how much we don't like the way auburn is leaking all this stuff. Then think how quiet he has kept this. I actually respect it. Only so much we could do recruiting wise right now anyway. Were going to be much more active in February than usual and adding transfers post spring ball.
Disappointing if most of the staff comes from coastal rather than big time conferences but I guess we'll have to see if they have what it takes. It looks better to grab people from all over than roll with the same people, it looks like you couldn't hire anyone so you had to stick with what you had. Jerry kill did it at Minnesota and there was zero excitement
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 11:46 pm Because winning at lower levels is easy.
It is very easy, because lower level teams have zero talent, no 4 and 5 star players, not even 3 star players. Every team is scrubs and leftovers. If you can't beat zero talent teams, you can't coach. plain and simple. Can you imagine Saban or Kirby smart going down to coach in an FCS conference and losing a game? They'd have to jump off a bridge in shame
By LUDad
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 4:23 pm
flamehunter wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:40 pm
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:25 pm Other schools are hiring coaches who are employed, freeze hired coaches who were employed, guy are leaving their current gig to take other jobs. I don't buy the "waiting until guys are done coaching" assistant coaches are swapping jobs all over the country right now
So what do you think is going on?
Coach Chadwell is inept? Not according to his previous coaching gigs.
He is hold back because he's not sure he really wants this job?
He is part of the biggest gotcha in college football history as the Chants planned all this to really mess up their hated rivals' football program?
What do you buy? What do you really think is going on? Don't come on here and just throw veiled accusations toward the new coach without backing it up.
Don't know where you are coming from bro, I never even attacked chadwell. But prime has Colorado videos on YouTube and tweets, freeze is hiring people like crazy, he's probably evaluating present players, recruiting new players and maybe talking to coaches. But in today's game you got to be showing it in the media or it ain't happening in people's minds, you are crazy if you don't think he's blown the momentum from day 1 of his hire, with almost zero tweets, zero youtube videos from a camera person following him around and haven't seen him on sports talk shows like deion, even freeze was on college GameDay after his hire promoting the school. He needs a social media guy following him around daily. Take notes from primetime on how it's done
Do you really want someone like DS at LU who is all about #1, self promotion & ego? LU has been that route in other areas of the school and it's was a disaster despite what was accomplished.
By jmclaughlin
LUDad wrote: December 21st, 2022, 11:03 am
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 4:23 pm
flamehunter wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:40 pm
So what do you think is going on?
Coach Chadwell is inept? Not according to his previous coaching gigs.
He is hold back because he's not sure he really wants this job?
He is part of the biggest gotcha in college football history as the Chants planned all this to really mess up their hated rivals' football program?
What do you buy? What do you really think is going on? Don't come on here and just throw veiled accusations toward the new coach without backing it up.
Don't know where you are coming from bro, I never even attacked chadwell. But prime has Colorado videos on YouTube and tweets, freeze is hiring people like crazy, he's probably evaluating present players, recruiting new players and maybe talking to coaches. But in today's game you got to be showing it in the media or it ain't happening in people's minds, you are crazy if you don't think he's blown the momentum from day 1 of his hire, with almost zero tweets, zero youtube videos from a camera person following him around and haven't seen him on sports talk shows like deion, even freeze was on college GameDay after his hire promoting the school. He needs a social media guy following him around daily. Take notes from primetime on how it's done
Do you really want someone like DS at LU who is all about #1, self promotion & ego? LU has been that route in other areas of the school and it's was a disaster despite what was accomplished.
This…I really believe personal relationships, that are not leveraged for social media clicks are the only fix for the broken system of NIL and portal. Chadwell seems to be a relationships first guy. Freeze, Deion, Kiffin, etc will have lots of high moments but there is always a shadow lurking
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
We got to give Chadwell a chance. He will get players signed and do a great job, but maybe it will take a year or two. DS was not a good fit for Liberty. He's all about him and that's not what Liberty is about.
ballcoach15 liked this
By rjhenz
Registration Days Posts
Getting some big boys for the trenches. Multiple OL and DL prospects signing today. I like seeing that.

Doesn’t surprise me but 3 Coastal commits flipping to LU so far.
flamehunter liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
3 flips already today from Coastal to LU and HCJC has already gotten us to move up from 120 to start the day to 101 in recruiting rankings on 247. Rivals have us at 82nd in their recruiting rankings(they are the most updated of the 4 services).
AATL liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 21st, 2022, 12:05 am
JK37 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 11:46 pm Because winning at lower levels is easy.
It is very easy, because lower level teams have zero talent, no 4 and 5 star players, not even 3 star players. Every team is scrubs and leftovers. If you can't beat zero talent teams, you can't coach. plain and simple. Can you imagine Saban or Kirby smart going down to coach in an FCS conference and losing a game? They'd have to jump off a bridge in shame
If all lower level teams have zero talent…
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 3:45 pm
Tnobes wrote: December 21st, 2022, 12:05 am
If all lower level teams have zero talent…
By jmclaughlin
What’s the status on “Big Mo” the kid from Senegal. Last I read he was trying to get a work Visa but not sure if anyone knows more. Seemed like a cool story. A 30 for 30 kind of thing
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 3:53 pm If the rules of logic don’t apply to you, what is the point? Honest question: why are you here?
It's you who isn't using logic so again, try reading and thinking 🤔 and I really think you can do it, I believe in you. I'll try to help you, but as they say you can lead a horse to water.... If you can't out scheme Temple, do you think you can out scheme and beat Ohio State? A fantastic coach who is coaching at a low level should be able to dominate the competition year in and year out and never lose unless it's a fluke play or something, when you move up and start coaching against the cream of the crop, things get tougher, better coaches and better players so if you couldn't win against the Temple's and the UMass' I don't think you will beat the Ohio State and the Georgia's. If Vince Lombardi was coaching division 3 I would fully expect him to win every year because beating loser teams should be easy for a good coach who knows what he is doing. Wasn't that easy?

As to why am I here? Liberty is my favorite football team outside of my home team in the big 10 and a few SEC teams I follow. A Christian school that is actually Christian barely exists so liberty is unique and their sports teams are usually fun, I also have many many family members who attended liberty and my oldest son will probably look at liberty as an option. Why are you here besides acting like a horse's behind most of the time?
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 21st, 2022, 12:03 pm 3 flips already today from Coastal to LU and HCJC has already gotten us to move up from 120 to start the day to 101 in recruiting rankings on 247. Rivals have us at 82nd in their recruiting rankings(they are the most updated of the 4 services).
That puts us about where we were under Freeze. Obviously we lost some commits with Freeze leaving and gained some with Chadwell coming in.

I'm thinking we will recruit just fine with Chadwell and staff. In recent history Coastal has out recruited us, at least out of high school. I think Freeze probably pulled in better transfers. We will have to wait and see how it all pans out.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I think you guys don’t give enough credit to what else recruits kids, besides coaches. Our facilities, academic/medical support programs and staff rival most P5s outside of a handful. If you get the kids on campus and they’re offered by the best G5 schools besides us, we win hands down from these aspects. HCHF was great for LU, but the guy spent a lot of time away from LI golfing and doing other crap. Chadwell seems to be hitting the ground hard with the recruits. I bet we line up a solid staff. You KNOW AD McCaw is giving him all he needs to chase down his coaches. Let’s relax a little and breathe.
Chippy liked this
By AATL
After early signing day, 24/7 has Liberty sitting third amongst the new CUSA teams. Looking back at the classes our new conference mates have brought in the last few years, I was a bit surprised to see that the third place slot is actually pretty normal.

Granted, recruiting services seem to undervalue transfers and Freeze had a great eye for overlooked transfer talent. It will be interesting to see where Liberty fits into the recruiting hierarchy throughout the first few years of this transition.
By Ill flame
AATL wrote: December 21st, 2022, 9:35 pm After early signing day, 24/7 has Liberty sitting third amongst the new CUSA teams. Looking back at the classes our new conference mates have brought in the last few years, I was a bit surprised to see that the third place slot is actually pretty normal.

Granted, recruiting services seem to undervalue transfers and Freeze had a great eye for overlooked transfer talent. It will be interesting to see where Liberty fits into the recruiting hierarchy throughout the first few years of this transition.
The overall rankings are pretty flawed at the P5 level but they are terrible for comparing G5 classes since so many are unrated. If you actually compare Libertys recruiting class to FIU and Louisiana tech, I would take ours all day. We have 6 players with a rating of .84 or better. Louisiana tech and FIU have 2 a piece. They only rate higher because they have more lower rated players, while a lot of ours are unrated.
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 3:53 pm If the rules of logic don’t apply to you, what is the point? Honest question: why are you here?

I came for football, I stay because you and purple haize are beacons of Christ's love and joy
By Ill flame
Overall I'm pretty happy with the way our high school recruiting ended up. If you compare this incoming class to the outgoing 2018 class it's night and day in quality. While most of those guys already transferred out, the best recruit based on ratings would be disappointing in the 2023 class. I'm excited to see what he can throw together with assistant coaches and a year of recruiting compared to a couple weeks.

I know HCJC has a different philosophy on the portal but in the short term I really hope we use it to fill some gaps. We've got talent at every position still but we are thin in multiple places. Fortunately there still time until the portal closes.
AATL liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources say that late in the evening Coach Chadwell landed a transfer RB from Wake. :shock:

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-adds- ... on-cooley/

LU signed 15 recruits, eight of them are 3 stars, including QB Mooney who is ranked as our 4th highest recruit of all time. Overall, we are ranked at 104 with our 2023 recruiting class (Freeze's class of 2022 was ranked 98th).

https://247sports.com/college/liberty/S ... l/Commits/
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:I think you guys don’t give enough credit to what else recruits kids, besides coaches. Our facilities, academic/medical support programs and staff rival most P5s outside of a handful. If you get the kids on campus and they’re offered by the best G5 schools besides us, we win hands down from these aspects. HCHF was great for LU, but the guy spent a lot of time away from LI golfing and doing other crap. Chadwell seems to be hitting the ground hard with the recruits. I bet we line up a solid staff. You KNOW AD McCaw is giving him all he needs to chase down his coaches. Let’s relax a little and breathe.
Recruiting to Liberty has challenges as well as strengths. Much more difficult to find a culture fit. I asked this question earlier with no responses, but is it easier or harder to recruit at Liberty vs. Coastal? It seems you think Liberty should be easier to recruit to?

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]