Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Apparently, we just offered a dual threat 4 star QB (according to 247 & On3). LaNorris Sellers, who HCJC had recruited hard while at Coastal. He has been committed to Syracuse but they just lost their OC who was LaNorris's main recruiter. My question is, why would HCJC offer him unless he knew we had a chance this late in the game? Swing for the fences and who knows what will happen.
tyndal23, Liberty22 liked this
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
With the Shanks de-commitment today and only 3 commits added to the class my nerves about this class and next year are on edge!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote: December 19th, 2022, 3:43 pm my nerves about this class and next year are on edge!
In Chadwell we trust. Remember his first words at the LU press conference: "GOD IS GOOD." :pray
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Part of the issue is just that Chadwell is not very social media savvy. Not necessarily bad just very different.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I do think Chadwell's social is a huge missed opportunity to generate buzz. There will never be another time that more people are checking his Twitter, and what do they see? Pretty much nothing related to Liberty.

I don't think it's a competency Chadwell lacks, but it certainly isn't priority right now for him. I would have hoped someone would have helped him with that. It doesn't have to be deep stuff, just a retweet here and there, especially a retweet of commitments goes a long way to make us and recruits feel like the ball is rolling forward.
Tnobes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
For what LU is paying him, they could afford to pay an intern to run his Social Media accounts
Tnobes liked this
By Tnobes
Isn't it signing day tomorrow? Where's the running ticker of who's signing? Where's the boom tweets? Where's the new assistant coach hirings? Chadwell has blown the momentum of his hire big time, freeze has hired people, deion had hired people, the Arizona State guy has hired people, chadwell not one hire? It's a bad bad look. Winning in September will help change that but so far the guy is MIA, nothing but crickets from the football offices
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:For what LU is paying him, they could afford to pay an intern to run his Social Media accounts
This, for sure.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 12:30 pm Isn't it signing day tomorrow? Where's the running ticker of who's signing? Where's the boom tweets? Where's the new assistant coach hirings? Chadwell has blown the momentum of his hire big time, freeze has hired people, deion had hired people, the Arizona State guy has hired people, chadwell not one hire? It's a bad bad look. Winning in September will help change that but so far the guy is MIA, nothing but crickets from the football offices
MIA is a big strong in my opinion. You can tell he's working if you're really paying attention, but it's not OBVIOUS he's working. I think to the casual fan/recruit/etc it needs to be obvious and is part of the job. Get him someone to post and solve the problem.

If I were him reading this board, I wouldn't want him to interpret it as people saying he's not working, but the perception of work. It's like letting your status show away when you're "working from home". It doesn't mean you're not effective at your job, but it does makes some people question.

Sure those who are close to you know you better, but there are a heck of a lot of eyeballs who aren't close to you as HC who want to see your energy. That's all.
Baybird liked this
By BlueBlood
Lost in all the coaches-in, coaches-out - I don't know if any of us know how much administrative staff who would normally help with social media are still here, left with Freeze, are finishing up another job before they come, etc. From the outside looking in, it feels like Freeze took his support staff with him and Chadwell might not have gotten his in place yet. Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.
By AATL
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 12:30 pm Isn't it signing day tomorrow? Where's the running ticker of who's signing? Where's the boom tweets? Where's the new assistant coach hirings? Chadwell has blown the momentum of his hire big time, freeze has hired people, deion had hired people, the Arizona State guy has hired people, chadwell not one hire? It's a bad bad look. Winning in September will help change that but so far the guy is MIA, nothing but crickets from the football offices
It's easier to hire assistants who aren't currently employed. I'm guessing quite a few of Chadwell's new staff are currently preparing for bowl games. Through the transition, we've retained some excellent commits, added a few new ones (Blue, etc.) who were not on the radar previously, and have been making some splashy offers.

He'll be fine. Despite most of the staff leaving for a school that recruits would likely find more desirable if offered, Liberty is currently standing in a much better position (re: signing day and the portal) than many other programs who are enduring coaching changes, like UAB and Coastal.
By Tnobes
Other schools are hiring coaches who are employed, freeze hired coaches who were employed, guy are leaving their current gig to take other jobs. I don't buy the "waiting until guys are done coaching" assistant coaches are swapping jobs all over the country right now
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:25 pm Other schools are hiring coaches who are employed, freeze hired coaches who were employed, guy are leaving their current gig to take other jobs. I don't buy the "waiting until guys are done coaching" assistant coaches are swapping jobs all over the country right now
So what do you think is going on?
Coach Chadwell is inept? Not according to his previous coaching gigs.
He is hold back because he's not sure he really wants this job?
He is part of the biggest gotcha in college football history as the Chants planned all this to really mess up their hated rivals' football program?
What do you buy? What do you really think is going on? Don't come on here and just throw veiled accusations toward the new coach without backing it up.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Some of y'all are more dramatic than The View.
By rtb72
It's not going to be fair for us to compare HCJC with HF. Two different people, demeanors, and processes. He has been around long enough to know what he needs to do, and I feel probably he knows WHO he wants. Most likely, has been in conversation with most (if not all) of them, as far as coaching staff. As for recruiting, he needed to see what we needed. I don't think he's been sitting idle, probably a bit more subdued than our previous coach. I get signing day is tomorrow, and he was out recruiting soon after accepting the job. I would like to believe he has a plan for moving forward.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Interesting fact: HCJC had on average a higher rated recruiting class than HF since 2019.

Plus HF 1st class back in 2019 was ranked 135 by 247. HCJC will have higher ranked class than that this year.
AATL liked this
By Tnobes
flamehunter wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:40 pm
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:25 pm Other schools are hiring coaches who are employed, freeze hired coaches who were employed, guy are leaving their current gig to take other jobs. I don't buy the "waiting until guys are done coaching" assistant coaches are swapping jobs all over the country right now
He is part of the biggest gotcha in college football history as the Chants planned all this to really mess up their hated rivals' football program?
What do you buy? What do you really think is going on? Don't come on here and just throw veiled accusations toward the new coach without backing it up.
Don't know where you are coming from bro, I never even attacked chadwell. But prime has Colorado videos on YouTube and tweets, freeze is hiring people like crazy, he's probably evaluating present players, recruiting new players and maybe talking to coaches. But in today's game you got to be showing it in the media or it ain't happening in people's minds, you are crazy if you don't think he's blown the momentum from day 1 of his hire, with almost zero tweets, zero youtube videos from a camera person following him around and haven't seen him on sports talk shows like deion, even freeze was on college GameDay after his hire promoting the school. He needs a social media guy following him around daily. Take notes from primetime on how it's done
By Tnobes
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2022, 4:23 pm
flamehunter wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:40 pm
Don't know where you are coming from bro, I never even attacked chadwell. But prime has Colorado videos on YouTube and tweets, freeze is hiring people like crazy, he's probably evaluating present players, recruiting new players and maybe talking to coaches. But in today's game you got to be showing it in the media or it ain't happening in people's minds, you are crazy if you don't think he's blown the momentum from day 1 of his hire, with almost zero tweets, zero youtube videos from a camera person following him around and haven't seen him on sports talk shows like deion, even freeze was on college GameDay after his hire promoting the school. He needs a social media guy following him around daily. Take notes from primetime on how it's done
It's not "veiled accusations" it's true. Show me how many tweets from him? How many tweets announcing kids visits and commitment? I'll wait while you count the tweets on 2 hands from his hiring until now
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
He operates very differently from freeze. Pros and cons to each. I can assure you hes working hard. I think all but 1 or 2 staff hires are in place and will be announced sometime after coastal bowl.

Think how much we don't like the way auburn is leaking all this stuff. Then think how quiet he has kept this. I actually respect it. Only so much we could do recruiting wise right now anyway. Were going to be much more active in February than usual and adding transfers post spring ball.
AATL, flamehunter liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]