Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
The J. Shack de-commitment is a bit puzzling to me. He had offers from Georgia, Ga. Tech, Maryland, Miami, Michigan St., Miss. St., and WVU. Has he picked up another offer from a school that was really his first choice? If not, what changed? Just wondering if maybe conference realignment is creeping in as a factor here?
By Tothehoopyall1
I love SOR, but for recruiting decommitments, I would love to see this be more of a quick blurb than leaving these guys on the page for multiple days. Hopefully we can find an even better player in the days ahead. Onward!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At the Homecoming Flames Club luncheon today, Coach Freeze didn't drop any names, but we said the player who decommitted after offers from Kansas, Kansas State, Florida State (and about 15 total Power5 schools), but he said it would be "an uphill battle" for G5 schools like Liberty to sign a player like that, especially with "unlimited NIL" money that is offered by those Power5 schools.

The other decommit, Coach Freeze said, was "dismissed" from his high school, and LU "decommitted him" (not the other way around).
Ill flame liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 15th, 2022, 11:48 am The County Smoak money isn’t enough?
That and the food would be for me!

Don’t be hatin on The Smoak or we will rumble!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think Dot Richardson had some recruits at the game, too, but I've heard NOTHING from Ballcoach about it. :dontgetit
By Ill flame
Shortly after the contract extension announcement yesterday we picked up a solid DB commit. He had offers from Maryland, Iowa st and several G5s before committing to us. I was wondering if we were going to pick up any commits during the bye week. Evidently the rumors around HF potentially leaving was probably a concern for some recruits.

By AATL
The first step is giving the recruits clarity on whether he is staying or going. I'm not sure if we'll get a typically Monday presser tomorrow, but hopefully that clarity comes sooner than later.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Maybe this was posted somewhere else, but another example of a multiple sport athlete getting an offer from us.

Edit- not sure he has an offer to play baseball for us.
By Ill flame
I would be suprised if we don't get this receiver. His tweet about us offering him a scholarship a month ago was pinned on his page until a few minutes ago. He was a FCS freshman all American last year at Merrimack. It would be nice to have more depth behind Douglas.

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We just offered the Louisiana-Monroe QB who led an upset of the Flames back in 2021. 6' 0" 194 lbs dual threat with two years of eligibility remaining.

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 11th, 2022, 9:18 pm Interesting read about how Campbell is out recruiting all the FCS and us as well. It seems they're out recruiting everyone else simply by dedicating themselves to going big on high school recruits. Kind of fascinating.

They have 16 three star commits whereas we are sitting at 4 on 247.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -fbs-teams
With the transfer portal, the high school recruiting ground for FCS schools is more fertile.
By Ill flame
It has nothing to do with the portal and everything to do with the extra year of eligibility creating more supply than demand. Junior colleges probably benefited the most. I've never seen so many junior college players making an immediate impact at this level before.
OneHope, LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 12th, 2022, 8:17 pm It has nothing to do with the portal and everything to do with the extra year of eligibility creating more supply than demand. Junior colleges probably benefited the most. I've never seen so many junior college players making an immediate impact at this level before.
Granting that extra year across the board was a huge mistake. It's created a log jam of players that will take years to sort out. It would have been completely fair to offer it only to players who opted out individually or members of teams that did, and we would not have this problem
By LU 57
Have had a front row seat to how difficult things are for HS seniors due to both the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility. It’s quite a mess.

Thankfully, my son has a very level head and locked in with a great program and staff back in the summer (W&M). I am afraid a lot of kids who passed on “commitable” offers to wait on bigger schools who were keeping them warm are now left with very few options.
Sly Fox, OneHope liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Aaron Fenimore 3 star OT de-committed from Coastal on December 6th. Which was prior to his official visit last week.

Grayson McCall who was supposed to visit Auburn this weekend has cancelled his visit due to Freeze bringing in Devin Leary as well. Does this open the door to LU???
Cider Jim liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 17th, 2022, 12:12 am Aaron Fenimore 3 star OT de-committed from Coastal on December 6th. Which was prior to his official visit last week.

Grayson McCall who was supposed to visit Auburn this weekend has cancelled his visit due to Freeze bringing in Devin Leary as well. Does this open the door to LU???
If McCall goes anywhere else but LU, he isn't very smart at all. He will be an immediate starter, he knows the system, he is better than any QB we have had on the Mountain, except for MW. He loses that if he goes to another school and possibly misses a chance to go to the NFL.
Dalegarz1, TH Spangler liked this
By AATL
On the other hand, he wasn't getting much draft board hype at Coastal and I'm not sure he can prove much more than he has already in this offensive system. He might benefit from proving that his success was not just the result of being a system guy and could perhaps disspell some of the style of offense and game speed concerns that Malik seemed to battle.

Would love to have him though :D
Baybird liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]