Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

It very well could be a courtesy visit, but what we’re learning is getting these top guys on campus as high schoolers is great because when their first choice doesn’t work out, they already know about Liberty when they enter the portal.
LU 57 liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
This is big considering we were no where on his radar or had any interest at all. He did make another recruiting reference on Twitter last night after all three commits were made public.

Either way HCHF has been on fire with recruiting the past couple of months.
By BlueBlood
I agree with all of the above. I wasn't trying to be disparaging by calling it a likely courtesy visit. He goes to LCA, his mom is an alum. I have to think that he has bumped into Freeze a decent amount. If I'm in his spot - I do the right thing and visit the local school. I suspect that is what he is doing.

And if I'm Freeze - I play it cool and don't go super salesman on him. As was said above - we live in a transfer portal world. Good vibes now could pay dividends later.
LU 57 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not quite the same as a *Boom!*, but this HF tweet would seem to indicate things may have gone well yesterday.

I can't seem to pick him out in the photo, but apparently Zach was present for the get-together.
badger74 liked this
By sstaedtler
247 isn't showing about 4 of our recruits. And 3 of them are the highest rated ones! I mean, people have been emailing and Tweeting them with no luck at all. Bryce Dixon the DT was like 2 months ago and they still haven't posted it. Aggravating.
LU Grad 11 liked this
By Ill flame
I was just looking at our team talent composite rankings for this year. The roster looks right but it only has us listed as have one 4* and seven 3* players on our roster which is obviously not even close. Most of our 3* athletes just have "N/A" next to their name instead of their rating. Anyone know why that may be? Its a great reference for P5 schools but it's terrible outside of that.
https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Footb ... erence=IND
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: September 7th, 2021, 12:33 am I was just looking at our team talent composite rankings for this year. The roster looks right but it only has us listed as have one 4* and seven 3* players on our roster which is obviously not even close. Most of our 3* athletes just have "N/A" next to their name instead of their rating. Anyone know why that may be? Its a great reference for P5 schools but it's terrible outside of that.
Pretty sure the N/A means that 247 just has never given that player a rating, and as silly as it is, I don't think any of the services accept ratings from the others.
247sports still has not updated our 2022 class and I can't begin to understand why. However, ESPN has updated ours and by their rating system we have 8 3 stars out of our 10 commitments. Josh Dallas is now a 3 star, Dexter Ricks & Christian Harrison.
By willflop
olldflame wrote: September 7th, 2021, 7:32 am
Ill flame wrote: September 7th, 2021, 12:33 am I was just looking at our team talent composite rankings for this year. The roster looks right but it only has us listed as have one 4* and seven 3* players on our roster which is obviously not even close. Most of our 3* athletes just have "N/A" next to their name instead of their rating. Anyone know why that may be? Its a great reference for P5 schools but it's terrible outside of that.
Pretty sure the N/A means that 247 just has never given that player a rating, and as silly as it is, I don't think any of the services accept ratings from the others.
I think it's their site and that they don't care. I noticed the same problem last year. If you look up a player individually, like Johnathan Bennett or Rashad Whitehead, they have 3* 247 ratings. However, on this team aggregate report, they are listed as NA and if you click their name/link, it returns a 404.

https://247sports.com/college/liberty/S ... l/Commits/
Kricket, Ill flame liked this
By LUOrange
During the UMASS game I overheard a loud fan say that for next year's signing class, Freeze was going with 12 high school recruits and 12 transfer/JUCO's. It makes sense, anyone know if there's any truth to that? Any rumors on the potential transfers?
By LU 57
LUOrange wrote: November 17th, 2021, 12:37 pm During the UMASS game I overheard a loud fan say that for next year's signing class, Freeze was going with 12 high school recruits and 12 transfer/JUCO's. It makes sense, anyone know if there's any truth to that? Any rumors on the potential transfers?
As the father of an aspiring collegiate football player, this mentality is disappointing. I get it though. It’s the world we live in.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
LU 57 wrote: November 17th, 2021, 1:00 pm
LUOrange wrote: November 17th, 2021, 12:37 pm During the UMASS game I overheard a loud fan say that for next year's signing class, Freeze was going with 12 high school recruits and 12 transfer/JUCO's. It makes sense, anyone know if there's any truth to that? Any rumors on the potential transfers?
As the father of an aspiring collegiate football player, this mentality is disappointing. I get it though. It’s the world we live in.
The Rona response and the Transfer Portal definitely has not been kind to HS kids.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Feels like coaches are letting guys go but could this also be guys not wanting to play in CUSA?
IF 247 would update and Rivals too, then we would be sitting at 91st (247 ranking) & 87th (rivals ranking). Plus 247 hasn't updated their ratings of Bryce Dixon (3 stars) & Jordan Norwood (3 stars). The only commit we have that isn't rated by any services is our newest JUCO Reggie Young, but as we have learned a lack of rating doesn't mean much when it comes to JUCO's especially.

The exciting thing from this recruiting class is the the quality of player we are getting. Each year the average rating of player has improved with HCHF.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]