Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

247 just dropped 3 stars on Reggie Young our JUCO lineman and he is now our second highest rated recruit of this class. If 247 updated just brylan green into our committed prospects we would be sitting 87th in the rankings.
By Ill flame
Dae Dae hunter, a RB from Hawaii just announced he'll be transferring here. He was Hawaiis leading rusher averaging 6.4 ypc.

Caleb snead also showed up on 247 as transferring here. He's a 6' 4 WR from Campbell that should at least provide some depth on the outside.

Now if we can just get some help on the offensive line.
LU 57, rtb72 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The WR room will have a totally different look with at least 4 players in the 6'3" to 6'5" range compared to one, with Daniels playing mostly at his natural slot position along with Mario. If we can land the JUCO kid, that will give us a burner as well. Add to that the addition of 6"6" and 6'7" tight ends, and our QB (whoever he is) will have much bigger targets everywhere he looks.
Purple Haize, Baybird, LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 13th, 2021, 8:15 am The WR room will have a totally different look with at least 4 players in the 6'3" to 6'5" range compared to one, with Daniels playing mostly at his natural slot position along with Mario. If we can land the JUCO kid, that will give us a burner as well. Add to that the addition of 6"6" and 6'7" tight ends, and our QB (whoever he is) will have much bigger targets everywhere he looks.
These Roos will look mor FBSie
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 13th, 2021, 8:15 am The WR room will have a totally different look with at least 4 players in the 6'3" to 6'5" range compared to one, with Daniels playing mostly at his natural slot position along with Mario. If we can land the JUCO kid, that will give us a burner as well. Add to that the addition of 6"6" and 6'7" tight ends, and our QB (whoever he is) will have much bigger targets everywhere he looks.
As long as he has enough time to look
TH Spangler, LU 57 liked this
By rtb72
Sly Fox wrote: December 14th, 2021, 12:41 pm There are guys jumping into the transfer portal last minute. We just offered an OL from ETSU who over the past 24 hours have received a SLEW of offers. We could be surprised in who this commit turns out to be.
Hope we get him. We presently have one O-line commit and is definitely a position of need. I'm guessing HCHF is leaning heavily on portal for this particular group?
By tyndal23
So are we liking this class so far?

QB - pretty incredible the lack of buzz On this board about one of the best TX high school qb’s and Big 12 QB transferring in. Kid is a baller even if it wasn’t an instant click at UTah. Bottom line he was recruited by Rhul and after he went to Carolina - didn’t put up near the numbers under Aranda and UTah had a lot of blocking/protection issues early before he lost starting role. This is about as good of a pick up we could get and keep our backups since he only has a year. I like it a lot - worst case it elevates the room.

O Line - I expect a new coach announced within a few days after bowl game and top priority.

RB - would like 1 more.

Other than that - anyone else we get should hopefully be instant game changer type transfers OR high school kids ( either they clearly start year 1 as a transfer or we take 4 year HS kids o develop - lot if those good HS kids around with the huge transfer portal ).
By Ill flame
I feel mostly indifferent at this point. Our incoming talent is better than our outgoing talent which is the important thing but there are still some important holes that need filled. I think I'll have a stronger opinion during the final signing period.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
As we've seen this year when compared to last, the linemen make a major difference. We need to sure that up to call this class a win. I don't think anyone will feel good about this class until that's done, and I don't mean that as disrespectful to any of the current commits as they all appear to be very talented.
JK37 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just an observation, but many of the JUCOs & Transfer Portal folks are waiting until the later priod in February to sign in order to get in their allotment of official visits. Hopefully we can score some of those big guys up front over the next 6 weeks or so.
Baybird liked this
By Ill flame
I had a little more time to look at this recruiting class and its definitely better than I thought at first glance. Beyond ratings you can usually tell a lot about the quality of a recruit based on what teams want him and using that metric it's night and day from previous recruiting classes.

Nearly everyone in this class has at least one offer from a P5 school and most have offers from multiple P5s and/or a ton of G5s. When I looked back at the 2020 class we were the only fbs offer for over 1/3rd of the recruits. The 2021 class was better but still had a large percentage of recruits that only had one or two fbs offers. Meanwhile the worst 2022 recruit based on offers had 1 other fbs offer but it was a P5 school. We still have plenty of weaknesses that need addressed before February but it's great seeing us winning recruiting battles for highly sought after players.
Sly Fox, Baybird, jmclaughlin and 1 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know that LU's QB room is pretty full, but Marshall QB Grant Wells, who is a 2-year starter from nearby Charleston, has entered the transfer portal. No Marshall transfers want to move to Morgantown, so Wells clearly wants to move up and play out of state. :fbplayer

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... 698de.html
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
First thoughts usually isn't QB when Morgantown enters the conversation. But with Marshall, Chad Pennington immediately comes to mind. Loved by Jets fans. Second only to Joe Namath. Even now. But their current QB, might change all that. Gotta have the right temperament to play in NY. Chad had that. Leftwich wasn't bad either. Don't remember if it was college or the pros, but images of BL being carried to the line of scrimmage on a game winning drive will forever be iconic.
By Ill flame

I'm suprised no one is talking about this transfer yet. He's a 4* DL recruit that spent the last two seasons at Auburn and has one year of Eligibility left. Should be a big play maker for us next year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]