Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of depth. Defensive end

Johnson clark
Sings washington
Whitehead zachary

Thats with moving monday to Te and austin lewis transferring and sanders could possibly return as well.
sstaedtler liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Why is this year's recruiting class ranked LOWER than last year's? :dontgetit

https://247sports.com/college/liberty/S ... l/Commits/

Is this Fake News, or does it not list all the players we signed?
By Class of 20Something
A few key things when comparing classes.

The transfers won't be in there for a while.

Tim Coutras is a special case of technically in this year's class even though we recruited him last year.

ESPN Put 3* on Rhami and Moore, which on the low side would add at least 12 points to the 247 class score

Adding in everyone that is on 247, including our afternoon surprise, we are sitting at about 142 points which would leave us at about #110 compared to last years class(#89), but we still have 7 slots we can fill in the next two months.

Assuming they average as "lower tier 3* recruits that add diminishing points starting at around 7 points expect to add around 30 points in total, good for us to finish in the top 65 and better than nearly every G5 program in the country. There are about 10 G5s that out recruit P5s every year. That is the company we want to keep.

Recruiting at that level while we maintain HCHF means we will stay in the top 25.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So I added someone with TIm Coutras's rating from last year which was 84 and 3 star and then I added marquise brunson, kaci seegars, ahmad walker and then added someone with Stetson Moores rating and we came in at 132.77 and that put us in 90th for recruiting. Remember though, 3 of our 4 transfers were 3 stars at 85 Rashaad, 84 Skyler and 85 TJ. SO if we were too add those 3 numbers and you get 151.3 and that puts us in 75th.
sstaedtler liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Freeze mentioned we may not go all the way to 25. He specifically mentioned they wanted another cb. Then he mentioned a lot of states haven't even played yet and having some room. This class is def better once you add Brunson and another cb when you consideraat years class had like 26 or 27.

Maybe we can circle back with daqon Stewart. I feel like we still need wr help.
By LUOrange
olldflame wrote: December 16th, 2020, 11:05 am I have ZERO PROBLEM with the trend for athletes to pursue majors like Sport Management and Kinesiology. I get it. On the other hand, as an :oldhag I have to say that I find it refreshing that the highest ranked signee in the history of our football program is planning to major in..........................

Theology. :football :nod 8)
I love what I've seen of Zachary. God has big plans for him.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 7:03 pm Not that it matters, but does any recruiting guru know where our class ranked nationally?
This was posted earlier, but this LU class was ranked 102 (compared to 89th last year).

https://247sports.com/college/liberty/S ... l/Commits/
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Those numbers don't seem accurate, but the good thing is, our coaching staff can coach them up, better than many other staffs.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 10:25 pm Those numbers don't seem accurate, but the good thing is, our coaching staff can coach them up, better than many other staffs.
Per player rating average is higher and we only took 18 so far. We will move up after Feb signing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 18th, 2020, 9:59 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 10:25 pm Those numbers don't seem accurate, but the good thing is, our coaching staff can coach them up, better than many other staffs.
Per player rating average is higher and we only took 18 so far. We will move up after Feb signing.
The eligibility freeze makes these ratings less relevant than ever. Some schools will intentionally sign fewer than 25 in this class to soften the blow down the road when the normal limit of 85 is reinstated. We may be one of them.
By willflop
Also, transfer students are not included in the individual class ranking formula (unless they are JUCOs), so it's only based on 14 commits. It's very possible we don't improve if we don't take any more HS guys.
By Class of 20Something
We may actually be in a unique position to take full 25. With as many transfers out as we have had, we probably don't have to tell many students their scholarships aren't being renewed. We have had quite a few people on the second string transfer out each of the past few seasons.

Here are some highlight names that have transferred,

Austin Lewis
Hunter Geotz
Emannuel Dabney
Deovante Lloyd
KeTrel Clark
Tayvon Land
Zach Amerson
Remington Green
Lionel McConnell
Alex Probert
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Dabney is back

Add Ferguson cozad and Espinoza and Brandon Robinson to those that have moved on. Cater beagles queen and harris from the 18 class as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
81 scholarship players on the current roster; 21 are Seniors. If none of the Seniors decided to return, we could sign 25 and still be under the "normal" limit. Obviously, that is not happening, as it has leaked out that several are returning. I really have no idea what the total number will be there.
By LU 57
I have not historically followed college recruiting super close, but I have watched Zachary’s highlight tape multiple times. Special player. Likely to play on Sundays. Cannot wait to see him in a Flames uniform. The way he manhandles the RT in the second clip is Reggie-esque.
chris leedlelee liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]