Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We are the only non-P5 school on his very long offer list.

Anyone know if he is related to Dez?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Just added R-Sr Matt Terrel DL via UVA - JUCO - JMU. Former LCA kid.
By tyndal23
Chippy wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 6:20 pm Just added R-Sr Matt Terrel DL via UVA - JUCO - JMU. Former LCA kid.
Sweet. U sure he is DL not LB for us ?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 7:28 pm
Chippy wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 6:20 pm Just added R-Sr Matt Terrel DL via UVA - JUCO - JMU. Former LCA kid.
Listed as DL 6'4" 240 on JMU website and our roster..
By tyndal23
Chippy wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 7:38 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 7:28 pm
Listed as DL 6'4" 240 on JMU website and our roster..
Right, but his Juco clip shows him playing inside lb. ( or so it appeared - he was off the line and hand wasn’t in the dirt and close to the middle and not the edge.). Would love it if he had the speed to play middle lb. we have plenty of D ends.
By tyndal23
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 10:07 pm Matt Terrell was a 3 star out of LCA and was recruited as an outside LB for UVA.
And he had good stats as a freshman. I guess we get him for 2 years if he wants to. Might be a baller. I think he played lb at Juco and JMU moved him to DL.

https://virginiasports.com/player/matt-terrell/

https://jmusports.com/sports/football/r ... rell/14999
By LU 57
I am pretty sure that Zach is Barry Rice’s nephew. Barry played OL in the late 80s at LU and was a strength coach after that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 6:47 am I am pretty sure that Zach is Barry Rice’s nephew. Barry played OL in the late 80s at LU and was a strength coach after that.
Not impossible, but highly unlikely due to melanin disparity. 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Olldflame, when you use big words like "melanin disparity," I have to provide a PICTURE for people like our WVU-'educated' Purple Haize and our US Army veteran Ballcoach. :shock:

thepostman, ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 8:05 am Olldflame, when you use big words like "melanin disparity," I have to provide a PICTURE for people like our WVU-'educated' Purple Haize and our US Army veteran Ballcoach. :shock:

I knew exactly what he meant. I was just waiting for someone to point it out. I was playing along with the joke
By LU 57
His mom is Mary Rice, who went to Liberty in the early- mid 90s. It was a long time ago so I am not 100%, but I am nearly certain she was Barry’s younger sister.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am His mom is Mary Rice, who went to Liberty in the early- mid 90s. It was a long time ago so I am not 100%, but I am nearly certain she was Barry’s younger sister.
Oh, it's possible, and made more likely since he apparently is using his mom's maiden name. He would not be the first local prospect we have discussed on the board with this scenario. His mom being a Liberty grad almost certainly plays in our favor, but with all those P5 offers, it's still a long shot .
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 8:56 am
LU 57 wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am His mom is Mary Rice, who went to Liberty in the early- mid 90s. It was a long time ago so I am not 100%, but I am nearly certain she was Barry’s younger sister.
with all those P5 offers, it's still a long shot .
So was Rashad Jennings, and that worked out for LU. :pray
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
Are we pushing hard behind the scenes for him? Is his uncle Barry pushing for him to stay at LU.? Do they even have a relationship? Does he want to stay close to momma? Losing him would seem to sting, but he doesn’t even reference LU in his top lists.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:06 pm Are we pushing hard behind the scenes for him? Is his uncle Barry pushing for him to stay at LU.? Do they even have a relationship? Does he want to stay close to momma? Losing him would seem to sting, but he doesn’t even reference LU in his top lists.
You can't lose what you never had. 8)
I think it's highly unlikely he will sign with anyone but a prominent P5 team out of HS.
The most likely way he would ever wear a Liberty uniform is if that doesn't work out and he decides to "come home".
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
He's not choosing Liberty over Alabama... I love Liberty, but that would be insane.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is the Bobby Massie situation on steroids. Bobby was 4-star and Zach is in the 5-star stratosphere.

Anybody remember who the had coach was that sealed the deal on Bobby in Oxford? :mrgreen:
By cruzan_flame13
prototype wrote: March 31st, 2021, 11:16 am He's not choosing Liberty over Alabama... I love Liberty, but that would be insane.
Khristian Zachary chose us instead of Alabama :lol:
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: March 31st, 2021, 1:17 pm
prototype wrote: March 31st, 2021, 11:16 am He's not choosing Liberty over Alabama... I love Liberty, but that would be insane.
Khristian Zachary chose us instead of Alabama :lol:
And he didn't have 5 stars next to his name.... ;)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If one doesn't go to Liberty, then Alabama is best place for him.
By tyndal23
Worked out well for Ed Oliver in Houston. All comes down to personal choice and circumstance. But for sure, a long shot. All the mote reason to have 7 P5 games a year where a kid like that can “stay home” without dropping lower in a draft.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Major Applewhite might consider "worked out" from a different perspective.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]