Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
You can never have enough QBs. :football
By tyndal23
Really impressed with his deep ball accuracy, throws it just as well on the run. His style reminds me of Baker Mayfield - quick enough to keep you honest, quick release and always looking downfield. Looks like lower class a football just from the crowds - anyone know anything about him or that school?
chris leedlelee liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Regardless of where we finish in the rankings: as of now we stand at 94th on 247(Trevor Hobbs hasn't been counted yet) and 84th on rivals(that is where we are with Quentin Reese added). ESPN only gives their top 50 classes but to show you how close we were to Texas Tech at this point(they did have 1 4 star but 17 3 stars which is exactly as many as us).

All this to say, 135th to 94th in one year on 247 and 100th to 84th in one year on rivals looks fantastic. That is not adding in the transfers that are eligible for 2020 season.
By Class of 20Something
tyndal23 wrote: February 4th, 2020, 12:30 pm Really impressed with his deep ball accuracy, throws it just as well on the run. His style reminds me of Baker Mayfield - quick enough to keep you honest, quick release and always looking downfield. Looks like lower class a football just from the crowds - anyone know anything about him or that school?
From what I read, he was the perpetual backup. Got starters reps as a freshman and most of his senior year. Coach and teammates spoke of his leadership for years even though he wasn't the starter. Moved to WR this year to get back on the field and the QB went down.

Mental toughness and competitive edge and natural leadership are pretty solid attributes to fill out depth. I like the grab.
By chris leedlelee
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 4th, 2020, 3:22 pm Regardless of where we finish in the rankings: as of now we stand at 94th on 247(Trevor Hobbs hasn't been counted yet) and 84th on rivals(that is where we are with Quentin Reese added). ESPN only gives their top 50 classes but to show you how close we were to Texas Tech at this point(they did have 1 4 star but 17 3 stars which is exactly as many as us).

All this to say, 135th to 94th in one year on 247 and 100th to 84th in one year on rivals looks fantastic. That is not adding in the transfers that are eligible for 2020 season.
I, for one, am really pleased with this class. We are only going up from here. Wish we could have another LB, but that is really the only position where we are lacking. Imagine once our roster is full of this caliber of talent.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wow interesting. I dont get exactly how it works but those are all good adds.

Manson any news on antonio barber. Thought we might see him pop back up in the same scenario as these other guys
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
jinxy wrote: February 5th, 2020, 10:42 am Wow interesting. I dont get exactly how it works but those are all good adds.

Manson any news on antonio barber. Thought we might see him pop back up in the same scenario as these other guys
We backed off Barber midway through the 2019 season and have not gone back to him as far as I know.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Gotcha. Coming off torn acl might be a nice pickup like were doing on these other guys. Little to no risk going this route as well.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
That is a big boy from E.C. Glass and securing both Stephen Sings and D.J. Humes is huge. I liked Humes tape at the LB position and Stephen Sings will more than likely be the steal of the class for us.
sstaedtler liked this
By sstaedtler
So wait, if Hobbs at TE is our 22nd player, and the CB we signed today Reese is the 23rd, is it accurate to say we have 2 more available spots?
By sstaedtler
Sounds like Sings is not signing today. We have 2 open spots. RJ Glod, BJ Wheat (OL), and DJ Humes (LB) all sign as preferred walk-ons. DB Quinton Reese only one who signed today and counted towards our 25.
G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If the new players picks up on the pack line def[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]