Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: January 20th, 2020, 11:06 am
Rock1 wrote: January 19th, 2020, 9:32 pm
Liberty22 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 11:44 am

He’s ranked slightly below Malik according to 247. Talk about a stacked qb room. What’s crazy about these rankings is they don’t mean squat. You look at joe burrow at LSU, was a low 2 star, barely had offers, won the heisman, natty, and will be the #1 draft pick come April. Crazy.

Just to clarify, Burrow was a 4 start prospect coming out of HS.

https://247sports.com/Player/Joe-Burrow ... ool-60304/
Lol well now I need to find the broadcast of the game I was watching. The announcers said he was two star with barely any offers. I just assumed that was the case based on the tv announcers :oops:
LU22, I heard the same thing, you heard it for sure. Not sure of the veracity of the comment however.
Liberty22 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: January 19th, 2020, 7:01 pm
oldflame wrote: January 19th, 2020, 7:09 am What he also fails to see is that sometimes a player transferring out benefits us too (as well as the player and the school they go to). Having someone taking up a scholarship who is not going to play benefits no one (unless nobody else wants him, in which case it's GREAT for him and his parents to get a free education).
I believe that the NCAA should encourage graduate transfers by continuing to give immediate eligibility, but end the silly waiver process for regular transfers and force them to wait out a year. Last year, the bias was pretty egregious when Tate Martell and Justin Fields both got granted immediate eligibility, while other recruits in similar scenarios did not get their waiver approved (Malik Willis). A strict enforcement of sitting out for one year would cause fewer transfers while encouraging the kids to fulfill their obligations to the school by completing a degree.
I agree the waiver system seems oddly subjective, and few consistent patterns of approval have emerged.

That said, you cannot say that a student-athlete has an “obligation” to an institution when the institution doesn’t have an equal obligation to the student-athlete.
chris leedlelee liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: January 20th, 2020, 1:53 pm

LU22, I heard the same thing, you heard it for sure. Not sure of the veracity of the comment however.
Thank you Shaw, I was a bit worried I had misheard them haha so glad to know someone else heard that!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
There is a lb in the transfer portal from Air Force, Kyle Johnson. He is immediately eligible and played high school football with Mason Yost. He started last year and was the team captain as well. He is not as highly as rated but he has played a lot of football and had 82 tackles last year for a ranked Air Force squad. I would love it if we could get this guy.
By cruzan_flame13
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 28th, 2020, 4:33 pm There is a lb in the transfer portal from Air Force, Kyle Johnson. He is immediately eligible and played high school football with Mason Yost. He started last year and was the team captain as well. He is not as highly as rated but he has played a lot of football and had 82 tackles last year for a ranked Air Force squad. I would love it if we could get this guy.
Not pushing the JUCO guy out of the way, but Plan B?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We do need moore but green probably played less than 30 snaps all year from what i remembered. Good special teams guy tho.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I may have read too much into it, but it looks to me (based on an exchange of tweets) that Remington may be joining another former Flame, Ricky Lester, at Mercer. Although he saw the field some each of his 3 years at LU, apparently one of those years he qualified for a redshirt, so he has 2 years of eligibility.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
oldflame wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:53 am
A Sea of Red wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:21 am More on Green entering the portal:

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-lineb ... er-portal/
In the header of his Twitter timeline Remington states that he has redshirted a year and has two years of eligibility remaining.
He has played in 3 seasons. He has one year of eligibility remaining plus a redshirt year available, if needed.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
2017 - he played in 11 games
2018 - he played in 12 games
2019 - he played in 13 games

He has one year of eligibility remaining plus a redshirt year available, if needed.
flamehunter liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yesterday in the LU cafeteria I was eating breakfast, and I noticed a very athletic looking young man wearing a Marshall Football jacket.
Does anyone know if LU has a Herd transfer on the team? :dontgetit
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]