Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By chris leedlelee
jinxy wrote: December 18th, 2019, 4:41 pm Maybe hobbs wasnt all in or academics were an issue. He and humes are puzzling and maples to a small extent.

Mike james was no surprise. We had heard academics with him for several months.
Hobbs is also a West Coast guy, so possibly his late NLI has to do with it only being about noon over there at the moment.
By Risewithus
Not necessarily bigger prospects that are waiting. About 80% of recruits sign early. Many didn't get the offer they wanted and are waiting for schools that didn't get their top board guys to circle back around. Sometimes these are plan C guys. This is why u have to strike when the iron is hot. Go where u are a priority. I will say we started getting lots of attention again last week. Once schools know they did not make a kid's top 5, they try and circle back like, " hey man, how u been, haven't forgot about you etc." My son was like, im shutting down my recruiting lol. Thats how the business works.
chris leedlelee, jinxy liked this
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Did he say 5 scholarships left because Hobbs, Humes, or the rumored QB is expected to sign today OR did he just misspeak and meant 6? Perhaps we only have room for 24? Really hope we get a grad transfer at the OT position!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im amazed at how many people that keep repeating or asking things that manson or others covered ha.

Fuster is a walk on
Humes is off our board for whatever reason
Hobbs is committed but didnt sign and apparently wasnt expected to sign today
Missed on doss to southern miss

From freeze shedro to rb, still looking for a lb, and grad transfer ol or juco. Sounds like the last 3 are up for grabs although manson has cited 1 that may be filled before early period ends besides hobbs.
By BlueBlood
Not sure if that 92 will hold or not, but if it does, this is LU's 5-year class rank progression on 247:

180-171-137-135-92.

Rankings are and educated guessing game and there are flaws. They aren't everything. That said, being only 14 spots behind USC feels pretty good on a Thursday morning.
sstaedtler liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
They actually put some work into ours. I looked around 9 and they had multiple profiles and misspellings. They added stars for several that had none.

We shouldnt fall. We should only go up. Most p5 schools sign their full allotment or all but 1 or 2 spots as well as the top g5 schools. If were able to get mike james cleared and a couple other 3 stars we should still hit mid to low 80s. They have our walk ons factored in but thats a good thing for the school.

Big jump this year and i think we can jump up into the 50 60 range next year. They will know better who and where to target this year and they will have had 2 years building relationships.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We did well compared to some schools. UVA signed 12. Jacksonville State in Alabama signed 7. I have a feeling that both of these schools, (along with some others) are holding off to build their roster with transfers in January and February.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Schools usually sign at least 80 percent of their available schollies unless there is a coaching change which delays you.
By chris leedlelee
ballcoach15 wrote: December 19th, 2019, 10:29 am We did well compared to some schools. UVA signed 12. Jacksonville State in Alabama signed 7. I have a feeling that both of these schools, (along with some others) are holding off to build their roster with transfers in January and February.
It is true that the transfer portal has changed the dynamic of high school signings. Now coaches might be more reluctant to sign a high school kid on the fringe when they can wait out to find a transfer or JUCO guy with maturity and development.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
there are some coaches who try to build their team around free agency. sort of like some MLB teams. Jax state is one. When we played them a couple years ago, they had I believe 17 FBS transfers on team, including many from SEC schools. I see Mendenhall at UVA going this route a lot.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]