Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Big bodied QB with a career completion percentage of 57. 3 year starter at Maine who accounted for 34 TD's and 26 INT's. He is definitely experienced and has played in some big games at the FCS level, but I see him at best pushing for the backup QB roll next year. Although, both Bo Wallace and Kelly (HCHF 2 QB's at Ole Miss) were transfer kids and both succeeded in his system.
By chris leedlelee
I see this guy as a reliable backup to Malik Willis next year. The only other men behind Willis is Landon Brown and Bennett. The breadth of starting experience is a very helpful trait to have as a primary backup. He could always prove me wrong and start, however, depending on how he does when he gets here.
By CCWMichael
Overall for year one this is a great class. I am seeing we are not far behind VT in ranking status if that means anything. I am surprised to see only one top tier recruit from VA stayed in VA. VA schools have a big issue there.
3 star or 5 star is not a gimmie for making it. Coaching has a ton to do with it. (I still think we may take VT next year).
These kids are going to perform with the expectations set before them. More importantly this is a staff that will not settle. Improve or move.
This class makes me feel so good I almost expect huge results in 2020. (kool aid says 8-4). Glad next is is NC State and not NC <--- on the rise.
A few kids that are projects but in reality all freshman are projects. JUCO kids excite me. WE GOT BIGGUNS UP FRONT!
I can't imagine going nothing but up from here.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Things just got REALLY INTERESTING!!! This blocking for the blind side of Malik Willis is going to be something special to watch. Also, imagine recruiting another grad transfer by saying we have 2 guys from the SEC, 1 from the ACC and another 2 year starter at LB. Good recruiting pitches.
sstaedtler liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Each Christmas Day, the Roanoke Times publishes a good article on the Top 100 recruits in Virginia. This year LU signed 3 of the Top 50. In years past, we may have had 1 of the Top 100. The 3 we signed are Gage Bassham OL (#30), Louis Taylor III, DB(#43) and Gabe Foster, LB (#46).
VT, UVA and ODU each signed 1 player of the Top 50. many of the Top 10 recruits in Virginia are leaving the state. Penn State signed 3 of the Top 10. The Top 5 went to Notre Dame, LSU, Clemson, Penn State and Florida.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 3:35 pm Each Christmas Day, the Roanoke Times publishes a good article on the Top 100 recruits in Virginia. This year LU signed 3 of the Top 50. In years past, we may have had 1 of the Top 100. The 3 we signed are Gage Bassham OL (#30), Louis Taylor III, DB(#43) and Gabe Foster, LB (#46).
VT, UVA and ODU each signed 1 player of the Top 50. many of the Top 10 recruits in Virginia are leaving the state. Penn State signed 3 of the Top 10. The Top 5 went to Notre Dame, LSU, Clemson, Penn State and Florida.
Post a link to the article
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 3:35 pm Each Christmas Day, the Roanoke Times publishes a good article on the Top 100 recruits in Virginia. This year LU signed 3 of the Top 50. In years past, we may have had 1 of the Top 100. The 3 we signed are Gage Bassham OL (#30), Louis Taylor III, DB(#43) and Gabe Foster, LB (#46).
More content like this please. A link would make this your best post of all time.

You presented facts and made reasonable conclusions based upon those facts too!
ballcoach15, Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: January 1st, 2020, 10:30 am
More content like this please. A link would make this your best post of all time.

You presented facts and made reasonable conclusions based upon those facts too!
Are you sure they are accurate? I mean he could just be saying them. Unless there’s proof of a source document for all we know they could be coming from his “sources”
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 1st, 2020, 10:46 am
Are you sure they are accurate? I mean he could just be saying them.
I'm not saying that Ballcoach is making it up, but I did both a Google search and a Roanoke Times search and found NOTHING like what Ballcoach describes (maybe it was only in the hard copy edition).
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 1st, 2020, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 1st, 2020, 11:54 am
Chippy wrote: January 1st, 2020, 11:42 am Google - https://www.scout.com/Season/2020-Footb ... l&State=VA Doing BC job!
Between you and Cider BC will never do anything to improve himself. That’s called “Enabling” :D
Cider and I are in the same "co-dependent recovery group." We're going to have an "intervention" with BC to get him into his own recovery and change. You're welcome to join in the intervention to confront him lovingly :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the link, Chippy! I think I found that one, too, but I couldn't find one like that in the Roanoke Times. I'm shocked at how JMU can out recruit VA Tech in state. :shock:

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]