Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: December 18th, 2019, 11:41 am Interesting. Usually we dont do tweets for pwo so i wonder if we ended up giving these 2 schollies with the biggins news and humes news. Biggins to announce that at midnight is pretty weak honestly.

Btw you have to wonder if freeze was referencing humes when he said he had to twll a couple kids they werent fits in his press conference.
Don't think so on those 2 scholarships. If they were committed anyways no reason to. Those will hopefully be utilized as we approach February.
By chris leedlelee
jinxy wrote: December 18th, 2019, 11:41 am Interesting. Usually we dont do tweets for pwo so i wonder if we ended up giving these 2 schollies with the biggins news and humes news. Biggins to announce that at midnight is pretty weak honestly.

Btw you have to wonder if freeze was referencing humes when he said he had to twll a couple kids they werent fits in his press conference.
So what happened with Humes? He seemed to be one of our better recruits.
FLAMEfromBAMA liked this
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Without counting Aaron Levins, Durrel Johnson, Chase Mitchell, Marcus Haskins, Louis Taylor, Anthony Butler, and the expected signings of Lofton and Hobbs we sit at #101 on 247. I'm happy to throw 247 in the trash. Unless you're inside the top 50 or so they do not give you or your recruits the attention for an accurate ranking. Additionally I believe Willis should show for this class the same that Tim Glass is.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
18 Officially Signed.
Waiting on Biggins and Daniels confirmation to put us at 20.
Hobbs and Lofton are expected which will put us at 22, with only 19 being scholarship I believe.
Last edited by FLAMEfromBAMA on December 18th, 2019, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Technically, with Biggins(3 star), Aakil Washington(3 star) and soon to be Jaivian Lofton(3 star) it moves us from 100th to 95th in the rankings. The problem with 247 is two-fold: 1. (Like you said above) they do a horrible job of updating non-P5 teams(rivals does a much better job of this). 2. 247's database for juco's lacks severely! (No Marcus Haskins, No Durrell Johnson, No Trevor Hobbs, etc.)
FLAMEfromBAMA liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Also, at this point we are ranked 83rd in Rivals(without Deon Biggins being listed) and we will move up once they add the points from Biggins, Coutras, Haskins and Johnson.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Rivals doesn't even have a Liberty page that I can find. They have them on the team rankings list, but no page to see what recruits they have assigned to LU.
By sstaedtler
So we signed everyone we expected to sign, except the WR Lofton, who is a JUCO on the west coast and is expected to sign? Glad there have been no disasters.
Last edited by sstaedtler on December 18th, 2019, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLAMEfromBAMA liked this
By R i
Registration Days Posts
There is probably an interesting story on biggins. But hes signed. Full class and then some.
sstaedtler liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Just another perspective when looking at 247. When you look at our teams page one thing to pay attention to is the Average player ranking. This is significant because it tells us the quality of the players we are getting. Though we will finish the day ranked somewhere between 95th and 100th according to total points. There are 43 teams with a lower player average than us. This is also without Biggins, Washington & Lofton added to the list as well as Cameron Hunter being dropped from 247's list of LU commits.

The quality of players HCHF has brought in is putting us in prime position to keep the program headed in the right direction. I believe this will only get better as the years go on with him as our Head Coach.
FLAMEfromBAMA liked this
By sstaedtler
The JUCO WR Lofton was supposed to sign at 1PM Eastern. Any word on him? Edit, never mind, it looks like you included him on the running blog.
Last edited by sstaedtler on December 18th, 2019, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Stacey marshall ended up at arizona. Guess he was not visiting here after all and we pivoted to hobbs who may or may not be signing.

The staff may be all wrapping up practice before announcing any others.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
So, we're sitting at:
19 Scholarship Signees
3 PWOs

Awaiting:
Hobbs
Rumor QB

Will have 4-6 scholarships to hand out over the next couple of months. Hopefully will get 1-2 Grad Transfers as part of that.
chris leedlelee liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Maybe hobbs wasnt all in or academics were an issue. He and humes are puzzling and maples to a small extent.

Mike james was no surprise. We had heard academics with him for several months.
FLAMEfromBAMA liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]