Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I wonder if he will get any looks from our staff. He is a legacy recruit as both his parents played Basketball at Liberty. His mom held some records throughout the 1990's and I believe played soccer as well. Multi-sport athlete who has excelled at all sports.

Tucker Holloway
Andrews, NC
6'3" 170lbs

Football: QB/WR/K
Basketball: SG
Track/XC: Various (State Champion Long Jump as Sophomore)

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9389373/Tucker-Holloway
Last edited by FLAMEfromBAMA on June 7th, 2021, 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: December 10th, 2019, 3:03 pm I wonder if he will get any looks from our staff. He is a legacy recruit as both his parents played Basketball at Liberty. His mom held some records throughout the 1990's and I believe played soccer as well. Multi-sport athlete who has excelled at all sports.

Tucker Holloway
Andrews, NC
6'3" 170lbs

Football: QB/WR/K
Basketball: SG
Track/XC: Various (State Champion Long Jump as Sophomore)

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9389373/Tucker-Holloway
Mom definitely played BB (10th all-time scorer). Dad went to Liberty, but I do not remember him playing, and he is not on the all-time MBB roster on the AC website. One thing Tucker has going against him is that he has been playing mostly QB in HS, but probably projects as a WR in college. Not much game video of him catching the ball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: July 6th, 2020, 2:40 pm Posted a 4.63 40 in the Elite UC Showcase in Atlanta a couple of weekends ago. It was good for Top 5 at the event.
4.63 is not a fast time for a WR, but that really doesn't mean much. The running surface and timing systems vary greatly from place to place. 5th best time overall is a much better indicator, and pretty impressive for a kid his size. I remember we got excited a few years ago when recruit Sean Queen ran a 4.4 at Mercer's camp. Turns out pretty much every player there ran a personal best.
Reclassified to 2022…offers from Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Navy, Army, Air Force, Yale, Harvard, UCONN, and more. I still wish we’d get in on him 🤦🏼‍♂️ He ran back to back 4.4s at a camp at Auburn.

Sly Fox wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:37 am We are definitely the home team. But it looks like he is getting looks from many different directions right now.
Just ran a 4.40 40 at Auburn's camp and then backed it up with another one. Unless they are using Mercer's timers from 3 years ago, that's FAST. He also recently long jumped over 23 feet. That stuff will get people's attention for sure.
Any chance our ASOR folks can try to get an interview with him from our end? Head coach cell number is 828.200.2012 I believe based on a teammate’s Twitter bio who has committed to Notre Dame. His 4x100 state championship track team consisted of a Michigan, ND, Minnesota commit and himself. He finished ahead of all of them at their conference championship on the 100m.

https://techlunchpail.com/blog/virginia ... r-holloway
Sly Fox wrote: July 4th, 2021, 11:19 am After narrowing his list to VT & Iowa State, he verballed to Tech.
He chose a team that LU beat last year? :dontgetit
I wonder if there could be a connection between a double legacy recruit passing over his parent's Alma Mater, and what certainly looks like it would be an excellent football opportunity for him (position of need) and the growing sense of disappointment many Liberty alumni are expressing with the school?
Kricket liked this
olldflame wrote: July 5th, 2021, 8:01 am I wonder if there could be a connection between a double legacy recruit passing over his parent's Alma Mater, and what certainly looks like it would be an excellent football opportunity for him (position of need) and the growing sense of disappointment many Liberty alumni are expressing with the school?
I think this could be the case, but be seemed excited to get late attention from Liberty. His Twitter he was saying he was excited for an offer from a school that preaches the gospel.

This doesn't mean he/his parents approve of everything the school has done recently, but I would guess it has more to do with Liberty not seeming too excited about him and getting in late.

VT being ACC could also just be more attractive for someone who wants to play P5 football.

Last thought, I wonder how the NIL factors in to recruits decisions. If recruits feel their earning potential is higher at one school than another that's going to come into play when picking a school. That's more of a general statement and not necessarily a key factor Tucker's case.
Kricket wrote: July 5th, 2021, 8:09 am
olldflame wrote: July 5th, 2021, 8:01 am I wonder if there could be a connection between a double legacy recruit passing over his parent's Alma Mater, and what certainly looks like it would be an excellent football opportunity for him (position of need) and the growing sense of disappointment many Liberty alumni are expressing with the school?
I think this could be the case, but be seemed excited to get late attention from Liberty. His Twitter he was saying he was excited for an offer from a school that preaches the gospel.

This doesn't mean he/his parents approve of everything the school has done recently, but I would guess it has more to do with Liberty not seeming too excited about him and getting in late.

VT being ACC could also just be more attractive for someone who wants to play P5 football.

Last thought, I wonder how the NIL factors in to recruits decisions. If recruits feel their earning potential is higher at one school than another that's going to come into play when picking a school. That's more of a general statement and not necessarily a key factor Tucker's case.
It is absolutely going to be a factor in recruiting. I don't think we will see that much difference with the powerhouse schools, who already have a ton of advantages. I think there is a good chance that our resources, combined with the work Ian and his staff have done to prepare us, will give us an edge over most upper level G5/Indy schools.
JK37, badger74 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]