Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ethall15
Registration Days Posts
I can't tell you how upsetting it is to see people posting we need to fire HF or bench Buckshot or we are going 0-12. We are not going to go 0-12. We have a big opportunity to pick up a good win over Buffalo this weekend, and including Buffalo our next 5 games are very winnable. Then Rutgers is a toss up, we should beat an Andy Isabella less UMASS squad and possibly compete with BYU and then take finale against NMSU. I honestly think we have a shot to get 7 or 8 wins.

Buckshot is not getting any help upfront from OL and that is to be expected as I mean HF even said most of our players except for a select few are still FCS level players. This is our first FULL year in FBS independent. We went 6-6 last year.

I do think that if Willis had gotten the waiver that he would probably by now have either taken, or be competing for starting QB just because of what he could do for offense.

I think with HF planning to be on sideline this weekend will help settle down buckshot and he have a breakthrough game, but he needs to make check downs and not throw to AGG in triple coverage. If somehow AGG gets one on on,e throw it to him he will bring it down... but if he is doubled or triple covered like he has been most times then someone else is open. Also i have noticed that the side that AGG lines up on the defense obviously rotates to that side, but also sends pressure from that side so Buckshot immediately sees pressure and panics. He is not used to the level of defenses we have seen over past years and that showed over final weeks of last season and with the two top notch programs we began season with.

We are not at the level of those teams yet, but we will get there. nearly 1/4 of our roster is freshmen and next year about 1/2 of our team will be Freshmen or Sophomores that HF has recruited along with a few of the JUCO players left form TG and HF.

I actually like what HF is doing in getting Bennett's feet wet and not forcing him into meaningful time and play last few minutes of game to get accustomed to College Football. I believe that HF plan is to get him the game experience this year and if an opportunity arrives he could take starter by end of year or play meaningful snaps in the Hampton and Maine games to have him be a competitor for job next year or redshirt next year with bringing in the other 3 star QB we have now in the 2020 class.

So just be patient guys, HF and company are building something that will take time. This isn't FCS anymore.
By chris leedlelee
I don't think anyone with even a meager level of football knowledge would be pushing for instant results with Freeze. Anyone who understands the college game knows it takes time. Freeze has shown so many improvements on the recruiting front and brand perception for LU football already. Freeze is going to do some amazing things on The Mountain. Just give him some time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

There's a reason the entire SEC wanted him as their OC.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
At FBS if Freeze sticks around he'll get his recruits. We'll eventually be competitive with anyone. Turner might not have been the best recruiter (he was recruiting @ the FCS level) but he sure knew how to get the most out of who he had in front of him. Last years 6-6 mark was incredible achievement.
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote: September 13th, 2019, 2:33 pm At FBS if Freeze sticks around he'll get his recruits. We'll eventually be competitive with anyone. Turner might not have been the best recruiter (he was recruiting @ the FCS level) but he sure knew how to get the most out of who he had in front of him. Last years 6-6 mark was incredible achievement.
Like he got the best out of Buckshot?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 13th, 2019, 12:42 pm You lost me after saying people are posting we need to fire Freeze. Where the heck did that come from?
Probably from the half-dozen students who showed up to protest today. Natural selection at work. He lost me as soon as he said we had a chance against BYU. I would dare say that BYU would beat Syracuse. 8)
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: September 13th, 2019, 3:21 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 13th, 2019, 12:42 pm You lost me after saying people are posting we need to fire Freeze. Where the heck did that come from?
I would dare say that BYU would beat Syracuse. 8)
I would dare say the WE could beat Syracuse, if we had another shot. Our team just didn't know how bad the Orange really were. :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 13th, 2019, 2:35 pm
TH Spangler wrote: September 13th, 2019, 2:33 pm At FBS if Freeze sticks around he'll get his recruits. We'll eventually be competitive with anyone. Turner might not have been the best recruiter (he was recruiting @ the FCS level) but he sure knew how to get the most out of who he had in front of him. Last years 6-6 mark was incredible achievement.
Buckshot racked up some points in Gills offence? 14 this year? :dontgetit
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: September 14th, 2019, 9:47 am
Apples and Oranges.
By Ewglenn
I think we will start winning but I think this Buffalo team is better than what most on here think.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Which will make the victory that much sweeter.

By the way, the mighty Maryland Turds are losing 7-2 against Temple at halftime. Don't put to much stock in their blowout win over Syracuse last week.
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote: September 14th, 2019, 9:47 am
That's the best emoji for you.

If you think 18 picks is getting the best out of your third year QB. You don't get it.

If you think continuing to stare down receivers is getting the best. You don't get it.

HCTG was the godliest coach available. Bar none. HCTG, the man, was about as good as they come.

But every year unrated or underrated recruits show out. JJ Watt was a 2 star and Antonio Brown wasn't rated at all. Someone playing above their ranking does not immediately reflect in their position coach, and very rarely the head coach.

And if you really think that Buckshots 14 points this season are because HCHF can't get the best out of his players, I don't think you'll ever get it.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: September 13th, 2019, 12:57 pm We've had a few people mention ASOR on twitter with the hashtag FireFreeze or something similar.
My guess is these are people who were unhappy about the hire to begin with. No one who knows football is calling for his firing.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]