Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

JK37 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 12:40 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:46 am Hampton said LU facilities were better than some P5. He also spoke highly of coaching staff.
Only time Hampton sees P5 facilities is on their way in/out from a butt-whupping for a paycheck.

Not sure that’s a quality source, but we all know your relationship with “sources”. :D
He's talking about the quarterback who just verbally committed to Liberty, not the HBCU.
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 16th, 2020, 12:43 pm
JK37 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 12:40 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:46 am Hampton said LU facilities were better than some P5. He also spoke highly of coaching staff.
Only time Hampton sees P5 facilities is on their way in/out from a butt-whupping for a paycheck.

Not sure that’s a quality source, but we all know your relationship with “sources”. :D
He's talking about the quarterback who just verbally committed to Liberty, not the HBCU.
That is correct, but he is also on record as saying that Hampton is now the "best venue" in the BSC.
ballcoach15 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:46 am Hampton said LU facilities were better than some P5.
JK, Ballcoach was referring to Nate Hampton, the QB, not the HBCU that Ballcoach attended briefly. And his source is the News and Advance, which says Nate had offers from 16 FBS schools, including at least 3 P5 schools: Kentucky and Vandy from the SEC and...wait for it...even a Big 12 school in Morgantown. :shock: :football

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/coll ... d0583.html
tyndal23 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 2:30 pmI don’t claim to be an expert QB evaluator.
Save that for Ballcaoach. :oldhag :football
ballcoach15 liked this
Cider Jim wrote: June 16th, 2020, 3:08 pm
tyndal23 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 2:30 pmI don’t claim to be an expert QB evaluator.
Save that for Ballcaoach. :oldhag :football
[/quote

I recall at a spring game or open practice(can't recall which), a QB threw a terrible pass that was intercepted. My initial thought was he's 3rd or 4th string. He became the starter and ended being one of the top 3 or 4 top LU QBs of all time.

(I'm better at evaluating softball players)
tyndal23 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 2:30 pm Hampton QB has a lot of upside. He moves around really well for being 6’6 and apparently very high IQ. Not sure why he isn’t rated higher...but I don’t claim to be an expert QB evaluator.
My eye says he has heavy feet and hasn't quite learned how to effectively lower his center of gravity when making contact as a runner.

The feet was Buckshots biggest improvement under Freeze. I have no worries there. Additionally, AGG became prolific at getting his hips down on routes. As a raw prospect, this is the best QB that we have recruited in a decade. Buckshot probably had the most "baller" in his veins, but as a High schooler would stand 4 inches taller with 50 more lbs on that frame.

He has the build of Cam Newton. Let's pray he can pray like him.
I would agree. Hes def the better 1st and 2nd down back. Would have liked to have had both. For whatever reason we have struggled with rb and te. Outside of qb those are the biggest positions of need imho. Mack pickett huntley hobbs barrett all seniors. That leaves a bunch of 3rd down backs and blocking tes like jackson and yost.
This time last year we had 9 commits. Not saying we should be there or that that has any say on how this year's class will fare, just pointing it out. I personally think we have gone after better prospects which has led to a bit stiffer competition. Let's hope all these Top 5s and Top 10s turn into commits and help us start building some momentum. Getting a few more active recruiters out there doing what Wendell Mcclain is doing on social media would be great!
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: June 18th, 2020, 10:24 am This time last year we had 9 commits. Not saying we should be there or that that has any say on how this year's class will fare, just pointing it out. I personally think we have gone after better prospects which has led to a bit stiffer competition. Let's hope all these Top 5s and Top 10s turn into commits and help us start building some momentum. Getting a few more active recruiters out there doing what Wendell Mcclain is doing on social media would be great!
To say the recruiting process this year is different from last is an understatement. Comparing the 2 years within each program is pretty much meaningless. It would be interesting to see where other programs at our level are as far as commitments are concerned.
flamehunter liked this

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law capp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]