Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Not saying it is coincidence but our DL coach posts something that seems to indicate a commitment as did another staff member and 247 posted 2 HIGH predictions for LU to pick-up a 3 star DT Marquise Brunson who decommitted from ULM yesterday.

Also, check out Garrett Gillette a 3 star TE from Wisconsin who we are still recruiting. I know it has been a whirlwind for recruiting with 8 or so decommitments but trust HCHF and the staff. They have proved they know exactly what they are doing.
rtb72 liked this
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 11th, 2020, 1:22 pm Also, check out Garrett Gillette a 3 star TE from Wisconsin who we are still recruiting. I know it has been a whirlwind for recruiting with 8 or so decommitments but trust HCHF and the staff. They have proved they know exactly what they are doing.
Luckily Hugh Freeze is possibly the easiest coach to trust on the recruiting front in college football with maybe the exception of Nick Saban and Swinney. You could honestly argue Hugh is the best recruiter in CFB based off of the recruits he gets relative to the programs that he has been at.
Josh Pederson, ULM's tight end, entered the transfer portal. Doug Pederson, Eagles coach, is a Christian. This guy has over 1,100 career yards and 11 TD's. Would love see him with the Flames. This guy was an All-Star in the Sun Belt conference.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Lot of interaction back and forth between ahmad walker and the staff on twitter. Wonder if hes coming back similar to humes last year. If we can get brunson walker and zamon ross then you have to feel better.

Im thinking they see stetson moore staying at wr and he and kylen austin adding to the wr core. Still wouldnt mind adding another bigger hs wr.
By Ethall15
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys. Hope you and yours are well. It has been a while since I have been on here... I obviously know that the decommitts and everything are because a lot of guys are coming back, but my question is how can we build off this class? I see we have a lot of transfers with the guy from Incarnate Word and the RB from Utah but is there anybody else either HS Sr or Juco or transfer that are high on us right now? Obviously this is a now crazy week with signing day and now HCHF seen as a legit option for Auburn. If I’m Auburn I want to get my coach ASAP to get recruits in, and if I’m Hugh I want to make this decision quick to be able to keep these guys committed here and sign. A lot of anxiety to come for us flames fans over next few days haha.
"if I’m Hugh I want to make this decision quick to be able to keep these guys committed here and sign."

Exactly.
It would be a great national marker if HF came out and stated he was staying at LU. Jimmy Sexton would not be happy but as you stated, if HF wants to turn this program into a national player, it would be in his best interest to do it.
Austin Lewis has just entered the transfer portal. This is a 50/50 surprise for me. He had his best year as a freshman but then as Freeze brought in more athletic d-lineman his snaps continued to decrease. He is versatile as he can play both inside and outside. I hate to see him go as he was one of my favorite players to watch. Maybe because of the legendary beard that is manly. Either way I wish him the best.
chris leedlelee liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
More than anything, this shows how much the talent level has increased. Austen was not going to play outside any more (except maybe occasionally in short yardage situations), and I suspect that may have been a contributing factor. In another defensive system, especially a 3-4, even at 280+ he could play DE on a full time basis.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]