Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I am encouraged with players that we were so high on making the decision to leave. It shows the upward trajectory of the program and the squeeze being put on those who are falling in the depth chart. Best of luck as they leave and they should be valued as they helped us get where we are.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I hope we look back at a power hs back now that pickett is out. Shedro and henderson are the same backs. Nothing official but id assume mack is back. No idea on the utah transfer. Would be nice to have one more bigger back. Not sure boyd qualifies as a bigger back but he had some wiggle a few years back.
jinxy wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 5:55 pm I hope we look back at a power hs back now that pickett is out. Shedro and henderson are the same backs. Nothing official but id assume mack is back. No idea on the utah transfer. Would be nice to have one more bigger back. Not sure boyd qualifies as a bigger back but he had some wiggle a few years back.
We need a couple more backs, who are capable of playing right away. Shedro is waaaaaay too easy to tackle, Pickett is gone, Mack is too slow and doesn't see the field well. I am sure the coaches know all of that, better than I do.
flameshaw wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 6:52 pm
jinxy wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 5:55 pm I hope we look back at a power hs back now that pickett is out. Shedro and henderson are the same backs. Nothing official but id assume mack is back. No idea on the utah transfer. Would be nice to have one more bigger back. Not sure boyd qualifies as a bigger back but he had some wiggle a few years back.
We need a couple more backs, who are capable of playing right away. Shedro is waaaaaay too easy to tackle, Pickett is gone, Mack is too slow and doesn't see the field well. I am sure the coaches know all of that, better than I do.
I see TJ Green and Mack filling the role as the primary ballhandlers for this season. TJ Green basically fits the definition of a "plug and play" type of guy.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We are putting a lot of hope in a back that was 5th string at utah. Further, we got very lucky health wise this year. Say green is a stud and mack returns but one goes down in camp. We really want to go in season with just those 4 backs. With scholarships available we go after somebody.

Shedro and troy are the same type back. Boyd hasnt had an impact in 3 years and didnt get a single carry this year but hes more like shedro and troy than mack or pickett.
sstaedtler liked this
I am in agreement that our depth at RB scares me. Henderson and Louis are indeed the same type of backs. We have TJ Green, but other than that, we have no large backs that can block. Maybe Mack comes back. But I think we absolutely need a back with some size to sign Feb 3rd. We can't count on being as healthy as we were at the position this year.
jinxy liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Manson are you hearing anything else on 21 other than what freeze mentioned about a rb?

If rusins indeed gone we really need james to stay. If both depart that leaves us with chibueze and elisha mitchell as the only guys with experience. Charles overton perkins and then boti and brunson make up the young guys but that would put a lot of pressure on those guys if we dont add somebody.
sstaedtler liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: January 19th, 2021, 1:12 pm Question for the recruiting gurus.

Which of our new recruits are early enrollees, who will be at spring practice ?
12 of the 18 players we signed in December are enrolled for the Spring semester.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... wsID=23981
https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 0&teamID=9
ballcoach15 liked this
jinxy wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:39 pm Maybe. But he, like green is completely unknown. Almost impossible to stay as healthy as we did this year again.
I wouldn't call Boyd a complete unknown. 2 years ago he averaged better than 5.5 yds on over 40 carries. He is as big as Mack and faster. Obviously, there is a reason HF has not played him; I suspect blocking is at least part of it, and maybe bad hands. There is more to being a RB than running with the ball, but Frank has talent.
ballcoach15 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hes an unknown. He like troy have barely played and mostly in mop up duty against inferior opponents. He has never been mentioned by hchf At least troy has. Nit saying he cant help some but i cant see him being a bell cow or ever having a huge role. See kimani donaldson as an example.

I have been trying to poke around figure out who the rb HCHF mentioned as a potential signee in the flames central podcast. No inside information and just a guess but Eric “fatz” mcdaniels has me intrigued. Va kid. Tons of offers and activity pre covid. Very quiet since. One of the victims of Covid. He fits the size and mold of a power back we would be in the market for. He could be a quinton reese. Waited a bit too long and then fell to us along with our increased trajectory. I think that worked well for us.
We add long snapper Austin Turner to the '21 class. Turner is the #1 long snapper in North Carolina. He is rated a 5*, but since long snappers are rated differently (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc), Turner would basically be a 4* I believe. Well glad to have him join the family! I only saw offers from us and Louisville. If you guys find more, don't be shy to add them!

alabama24, jmclaughlin liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 1st, 2021, 12:42 am We add long snapper Austin Turner to the '21 class. Turner is the #1 long snapper in North Carolina. He is rated a 5*, but since long snappers are rated differently (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc), Turner would basically be a 4* I believe. Well glad to have him join the family! I only saw offers from us and Louisville. If you guys find more, don't be shy to add them!

We must be contractually obligated to get Long Snappers named Austin. :lol:
cruzan_flame13 liked this
alabama24 wrote: February 1st, 2021, 12:00 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 1st, 2021, 12:42 am We add long snapper Austin Turner to the '21 class. Turner is the #1 long snapper in North Carolina. He is rated a 5*, but since long snappers are rated differently (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc), Turner would basically be a 4* I believe. Well glad to have him join the family! I only saw offers from us and Louisville. If you guys find more, don't be shy to add them!

We must be contractually obligated to get Long Snappers named Austin. :lol:
Mock has 2 years left, and is now on scholarship, so this kid is probably not going to be getting many snaps any time soon.
alabama24 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]