Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

oldflame wrote: March 7th, 2020, 12:35 pm Over 300 on campus for Junior day. That's more than 3 times last year's record number, which was 4 times what we were getting prior to HF arriving.

This is an interesting strategy. It's always good to get as many recruits on campus as possible. I'm just curious what the effectiveness is compared to having fewer recruits on campus and the coaching staff spending more time with each one. I assume doing it this way is better though.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: April 15th, 2020, 3:29 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: April 14th, 2020, 7:55 pm Harrison Hayes is the first commitment of the class

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-picks ... 021-class/
Looks like a solid pickup! Had many offers and chose LU still. Obviously a smart high character kid with all of those Ivy League offers.
I can go along with smart .. but Ivy offers don’t mean inherently high character. :D
Sly Fox liked this
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: April 15th, 2020, 4:06 pm We beat out pretty much EVERY major MAC football program and let's get used to this! This kid looks like someone who could put on 'good' weight like Cooper McCaw but with more talent.
Maybe so, but make no mistake, Cooper McCaw is talented. A good enough athlete that while he was still working on getting his weight up to play OT, they were using him at TE in short yardage situations.
247 just dropped 2 stars on Harrison and his ranking is 2 points underneath the 3 star rating. If he has the season he had last year then I would not be surprised with a 3 star rating when it is all said and done. Also, we are top 3 for Dominic Eldridge, a 3 star tackle from Texas.
JK37 wrote: April 16th, 2020, 6:47 am I can go along with smart .. but Ivy offers don’t mean inherently high character. :D
Well, not necessarily high character, but you have to be a well put together and professional individual to snag all of those Ivy League offers.
Typically speaking coaches are assigned specific zones. I do know that Cali & AZ have been focses of the new staff just like the last one. But until they know who might be a legitimate prospect to go to a school like ours they have to do a ton of assessment. I am sure the staff followed up on this lead. They get them from all directions via social channels.
I know that expecting for a lot is unrealistic, but do we have at least one or two 4 ⭐️ recruits seriously considering us? Three stars are great and Freeze and Co can certainly develop, just curious what the odds of pulling a 4 ⭐️ in this year are.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]