Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

R i wrote: August 5th, 2019, 2:38 pm He's the man in Norlfolk ? I quickly looked up depth charts and he isnt listed top 3RB right now, and then add washington to the mix. Looks like its more of the same for Davis in his R-Fr season. Bench reps.
A friend and big ODU donor (1M) texted me and said La La is being kept under the radar. But maybe you're right.
If I was ODUHC , and just finished 2-6 in conference and had been trending downward, Id be telling your rich friend (One Million Dollars) the same thing. "Wait till you see LALA, hes a secret weapon that will turn the tide"

If the bloggers and writers that watch practice see him buried on the depth chart, thats a good indication of where he is on depth chart.

"Being kept under the radar" haha. Does he think he is Dean Smith coaching "His Airness" ?
R i wrote: August 5th, 2019, 5:05 pm If I was ODUHC , and just finished 2-6 in conference and had been trending downward, Id be telling your rich friend (One Million Dollars) the same thing. "Wait till you see LALA, hes a secret weapon that will turn the tide"

If the bloggers and writers that watch practice see him buried on the depth chart, thats a good indication of where he is on depth chart.

"Being kept under the radar" haha. Does he think he is Dean Smith coaching "His Airness" ?
Just telling u what he said ...... they are expecting him to have a breakout season this year.
I would bet wilder gets fired. He has turned over 2/3 of his staff in the last few years meanwhile the program goes backward. Eventually the problem might be the man in the mirror. Of couse i think Odus ceiling as a whole isnt that high.
Their ceiling is sky high. Virginia Beach area is loaded with talent, and they have some crazy stats around football viewership in the area. They have no NFL team and only Western VA FBS teams. I think they have a ton of potential, especially with Donors like TH's friend giving " ONE MILLION DOLLARS"
R i wrote: August 6th, 2019, 4:07 pm Their ceiling is sky high. Virginia Beach area is loaded with talent, and they have some crazy stats around football viewership in the area. They have no NFL team and only Western VA FBS teams. I think they have a ton of potential, especially with Donors like TH's friend giving " ONE MILLION DOLLARS"
Forgot to mention the investment in a newly renovated stadium and facilities.
R i wrote: August 6th, 2019, 4:07 pm Their ceiling is sky high. Virginia Beach area is loaded with talent, and they have some crazy stats around football viewership in the area. They have no NFL team and only Western VA FBS teams. I think they have a ton of potential, especially with Donors like TH's friend giving " ONE MILLION DOLLARS"
TH's friend is a hugh ODU sports fan, but his donation was to create a academic scholarship fund in he and his wife's name for families that otherwise couldn't afford college.
Maybe. Then why have they gotten very little of the tidewater talent. The new stadium is certainly a plus but they really had no choice. The old stadium was a complete dump. Their track record so far doesnt show much. Maybe wilder is holding them back but i see us and ap state already ahead of them. I think uncc will pass them too with mike houston there now.

Sky high made me laugh. So they will be contending for the playoff soon? That would be sky high.
jinxy wrote: August 6th, 2019, 10:31 pm Maybe. Then why have they gotten very little of the tidewater talent. The new stadium is certainly a plus but they really had no choice. The old stadium was a complete dump. Their track record so far doesnt show much. Maybe wilder is holding them back but i see us and ap state already ahead of them. I think uncc will pass them too with mike houston there now.

Sky high made me laugh. So they will be contending for the playoff soon? That would be sky high.
Uhhhhhhhhhh. Fact check time. Mike Houston is at ECU. He dumped UNCC after a few days. Former Austin Peay coach Will Healy is at UNCC. Good young coach, but not likely to be the game changer Houston would have been.
Sorry meant ecu. Had uncc on brain. Id take either over odu trajectory wise. Thats all im saying. Just my opinion. Maybe wilder really is that bad that hes holding them back. Dunno, i just dont see it as just that.

The next 5 years will very interesting to track us ap state uncc ecu and odus trajectories. Ecu could be really good again in a hurry with houston. They have obviously the longest tenure and most success at fbs level.
jinxy wrote: August 7th, 2019, 10:52 am Sorry meant ecu. Had uncc on brain. Id take either over odu trajectory wise. Thats all im saying. Just my opinion. Maybe wilder really is that bad that hes holding them back. Dunno, i just dont see it as just that.

The next 5 years will very interesting to track us ap state uncc ecu and odus trajectories. Ecu could be really good again in a hurry with houston. They have obviously the longest tenure and most success at fbs level.
ODU Stadium
R i wrote: August 5th, 2019, 5:05 pm If I was ODUHC , and just finished 2-6 in conference and had been trending downward, Id be telling your rich friend (One Million Dollars) the same thing. "Wait till you see LALA, hes a secret weapon that will turn the tide"

Davis saved ODU from an enbarsing loss TO NSU in their home opener in the new stadium. Leading rusher and scored game saving TD late.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]