Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Our running back room went from solid to deep over the weekend. Robert Washington has the potential to be our next Rashad Jennings type of player.

I would like to know the back story on why he left UNCC and why it took him over a year to transfer somewhere else. Either way, I am pumped that he is with us.

Back in 2015 Ole Miss had 4 guys carry the ball over 70 times. I could see Hickson, Pickett & Washington getting that kind of love.
ballcoach15 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 11:31 am Appears to me that he did not get number of carries at UNC-C, as he thought he should have gotten.

We are certainly deep at RB position. Frank Boyd's name hasn't been mentioned much, but he could be best of the group.
Why are you not decrying this transfer? Where is your intellectual integrity?
Great pick up! Hope he’s kept himself in shape though. Watched an interview he gave his freshman year at Charlotte in which he was asked what he had to work on the most now that he was playing college ball, he was real honest and talked about how his work ethic and time management were real struggles and how he likes to just lay around and watch movies all day lol.
Turtleman wrote: July 15th, 2019, 12:37 pm Great pick up! Hope he’s kept himself in shape though. Watched an interview he gave his freshman year at Charlotte in which he was asked what he had to work on the most now that he was playing college ball, he was real honest and talked about how his work ethic and time management were real struggles and how he likes to just lay around and watch movies all day lol.
:welcome
Man if this guy has gotten through his work ethic struggles he will be a great addition. The better/deeper our backfield gets the more folks will have to respect the run opening up even better passing numbers than last year. To me that’s the most exciting thing about our backfield at the moment, the opportunities they will create for our WRs. Can’t get here soon enough!
So essentially he was an incredibly talented dude who underperformed at UNCC due to either a bad work ethic or family drama behind the scenes.

On the glass half full side - the talent could still be there and he's gotten his life figured out.

On the glass half empty side - he still has no work ethic and flames out.

Either way, as long as there's no huge character issue morally, it's a quality use of a scholarship.
amar0819 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 4:06 pm LOL thank you this is exactly what I needed to get me through the last hour of work
If you want to waste a day, check out the 13 pages on Joshua Mack :shock: That has to be some kind of message board record for discussing LU for a school not named JMU. We are in their heads.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/rb-cb-j ... rty.80834/
gerb wrote: July 15th, 2019, 5:04 pm
amar0819 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 4:06 pm LOL thank you this is exactly what I needed to get me through the last hour of work
If you want to waste a day, check out the 13 pages on Joshua Mack :shock: That has to be some kind of message board record for discussing LU for a school not named JMU. We are in their heads.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/rb-cb-j ... rty.80834/

Wow. SU fan base really seems more concerned about Liberty than they are leading on. Looks like they slipped on the Mack pickup. Mack's dad was trying to make it happen. Must be due to location because SU has not been a very good team outside of last season's good fortune. I'm glad he ended up at Liberty. His skills and maturity should prove an asset to the team.
gerb wrote: July 15th, 2019, 3:55 pm enjoy:

https://syracusefan.com/threads/robert- ... ty.144695/
Seems like quite a head case with multiple issues. I just wonder if he could handle the atmosphere at Liberty. It is a pretty strict environment. Liberty ain't for everybody. Will require some serious adjustment support. From a school/team standpoint and developing a new brand, I must say that I don't understand this one. LU won 6 games (should have been eight) last season. With the new coaching staff and player additions, we should win at least 8 games this season. What's HCHF up to???
as the world turns...

"Liberty assistant athletic director for athletic communications Todd Wetmore said in an email that Washington was mistakenly added.

"At this point in time, he is not a member of the football team,” Wetmore said.""

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]