Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Antonio Barber
6' 2" 185 lbs Wide Receiver
Cornelius, NC (Hough)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Holds Offers from (As of 7/4/19):
  • Cincinnati
  • Colorado State
  • East Tennessee State
  • Hampton
  • Kansas
  • Liberty
  • North Carolina Central
  • North Carolina State
  • South Florida
  • Southern Miss
  • Syracuse
  • Tennessee - Decommit
  • Tennessee-Chattanooga
  • Texas Tech
  • UCLA
  • Valdosa State
  • Western Kentucky
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wonder what his height is. All 3 sites are different. 5"11 all the way to 6"2. If hes 6"2 then hes a monster. If hes 5'11 then his 40 time is a hair slow.

Likely somewhere in between. Def a playmaker.
This kid is a special player and if were fortunate to get him then watch out. The fact that we are in his top 5 is another testament to this coaching staffs ability to recruit.

The abilities of Antonio would allow him to push for the starting job next fall.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Anybody know if we are trying to get him on his official visit opening night against Syracuse? Environment will surely be a plus against another Top 5 team for him, though downside is it's a very losable game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Personally I would rather avoid bringing a recruit on an official if we are playing a school we are directly recruiting against, because if they win, and do so convincingly, as Syracuse very well could, that could make his decision for him.
I'd rather a recruit pursuing culture than a win column. Calling a first year FBS school vs a top 25 P5 school am even match and letting the win decide where you go is pretty short sighted.

Dino doesn't even respect Freeze enough to not call him Hughes Freeze. I know which culture I'd rather be a part of.
I started doing some digging on what could be a realistic role for Antonio IF he committed and signed with us.

We lose atleast 2 WR's: AGG & Damian King.

I do think Kevin Shaa leaves as well(I have no proof of this just opinion).

All of this is looking at us vs NC State in a recruiting battle:

So, let's say 3 leave the program by graduation and transfer. We already have 4 commitments at WR and 3 of them are 3 stars. However, Barber would be the top dog for sure. NC State already has 3 commitments and 2 of the 3 are higher rated WR's than Antonio. NC State only has 1 graduating next year. Not to mention the guys that would be ahead of him on our team would possibly be D.J. Stubbs, Noah Frith & Shedro Louis. Antonio would be the highest rated WR recruit EVER at Liberty and if the rating shows on the field then I see no reason why he wouldn't be one of the top 4 on the team next year. I don't see that at NC State. I would actually see him redshirting.

I may be drinking way to much kool-aid at this point, but I really really like our chances at this kid. He has already been on campus and he will be taking an official visit as well(again, opinion statement).

Would love to hear from others on this thought.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
When you are working in an offense with a lot of 4 and 5 wide formations, all three of your pass-catching options are important for depth (WR, TE, and RB). It allows for a lot of options for adjusting the formation and taking advantage of matchups. if he is closer to 6'2" or at that height, he is someone who could be a nightmare at the Y position in one of those sets.

Here are all of the WR we have who are 6'0" and taller:

Brody Brumm 6'0"
Khaleb Coleman 6'2"
Noah Frith 6'4"
Carlos Poole 6'4" (walk on)
JT Wood 6'2"
CJ Yarbrough 6'3"

Adding Barber to that group would be invaluable. Id see him as similar to BJ Farrow and would love to have him in the fold as a tall second or third option, and someone who can come in and play 12 games for us right from the jump.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: August 15th, 2019, 2:01 pm Dino doesn't even respect Freeze enough to not call him Hughes Freeze. I know which culture I'd rather be a part of.
If Dino is unhappy it's about 2 road game to start his season. Most P5's open at home against an FCS, Holy Cross type. Then to top it off Liberty goes and brings in Freeze, a giant killer, and your tune up game is gone. If they win he'll get his name right :lol: . If he loses there might some friction in SYR. .... GO FLAMES
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: August 16th, 2019, 8:50 am When you are working in an offense with a lot of 4 and 5 wide formations, all three of your pass-catching options are important for depth (WR, TE, and RB). It allows for a lot of options for adjusting the formation and taking advantage of matchups. if he is closer to 6'2" or at that height, he is someone who could be a nightmare at the Y position in one of those sets.

Here are all of the WR we have who are 6'0" and taller:

Brody Brumm 6'0"
Khaleb Coleman 6'2"
Noah Frith 6'4"
Carlos Poole 6'4" (walk on)
JT Wood 6'2"
CJ Yarbrough 6'3"

Adding Barber to that group would be invaluable. Id see him as similar to BJ Farrow and would love to have him in the fold as a tall second or third option, and someone who can come in and play 12 games for us right from the jump.
All of the WRs we already have commitments from would also fall into that category. The cupboard was already well stocked with smurfs to play the slot.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: September 28th, 2019, 10:12 pm It's a good sign that he is posting on twitter about breaking AGGs receiving records.
I agree. NC State and Syracuse fans tweeting that he should come and break records there, but no response so far.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Based on this tweet, it looks like Antonio tore his ACL

Not as scary an injury as it used to be, but although athletes can normally play less than a year later, most don't get their full explosiveness back for another year after that. Witness Caleb Homesley (twice). Also, a lot depends on whether it's just the ACL, or there is also damage to other ligaments or tendons.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]