Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

tyndal23 wrote: July 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm Freeze going to be on Finebaum show at 4:30 Eastern to discuss Willis Transfer
Here's the link: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=27177589
Last edited by Cider Jim on July 12th, 2019, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hadn’t heard it before, so it caught me a bit off guard. I guess I assumed that at least the last two classes had been recruited to play FBS (and every transfer player on the team also). Referring to them as a mixed-bag definitely wouldn’t have surprised me. Collectively calling them FCS-level players did.
I would say the roster is actually more like 50 percent each. This will be the 2nd full fbs class plus we had some guys that were fbs caliber like agg buck stubbs duff schultz ajayi hickson etc.

Hes no dummy. Hes under promising and over delivering.

Bronco mendenhall said something of the same thing last year. Like he had only 30 acc players or something like that.
A Sea of Red wrote: July 13th, 2019, 9:56 am We talked with Freeze in good detail about his expectations for 2019 as part of our first Club article. He even gave a percentage of how much of the current roster he called FCS.

https://www.aseaofred.com/freeze-hopes- ... irst-year/
Very well done, ASOR! Very matter-of-fact, yet shows he is preparing the players for a true dose of FBS level FB. My take-aways were he is exactly what I was told by an Ole Miss alum....he will take the talent and mold it into something better than it may actually otherwise be (Strategic Leadership?). The part about communication up and down, with the staff and players, is so critical and I'm not sure we had that degree of commitment toward engagement before. I also think he has demonstrated he will put the very best product on the field, and it won't be personal....just business. I look forward to watching his mind work with this team....especially during the game.
I keep going back to the fact that Nick Saban wanted him as his OC before he hired Mike Locksley. With that said, if Hugh sees something in Malik Willis then I trust him going forward. We can't compare Malik to Star Jackson or others who transferred from big-time programs.

Keep in mind the track record of Coach Freeze with transfer QB's: Bo Wallace and Chad Kelly; Bo Wallace went 24-15 as a starter and beat Bama in 2014. Chad Kelly went 15-10 as a starter and beat Bama in 2015. Bo threw 62 TD passes in 3 years to 41 picks and ran for 19 TD's while Chad had 50 TD's and 21 picks with 15 rushing TD's.

Here is the best stat: Bo in 3 years completed 63% of his passes while Chad completed 64%.

Whether it is Malik or Buckshot I am excited to see both of them grow as QB's and help us reach new heights.
For those that don't know, Buckshot was under 55% completion last season. At Buckshots average 12.8 yards per completion, he would have had 3,596 yards and only 50 yards out of last year's top 10 QBs in passing yards.

HCHF admitted yesterday he runs a High Tempo RPO offense. Bold prediction, Liberty will feed early NFL adopters of the RPO skill players while HCHF is here because they understand the system faster.
Just my opinion, but when Coach Freeze says FBS talent, he probably means SEC talent, since that is what he knows from coaching at Ole Miss.
thepostman wrote: July 12th, 2019, 7:18 pm It isn't the first time he has said that. It is the truth and I enjoy his candid he is
Considering the number of 6-6 or less FBS teams last season, I would disagree. I think the team is going to perform beyond HCHF expectations this season. There is a thin line between FCS and FBS for most FBS teams! We should be talking our guys up as much as possible.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]